System - Page 4 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: System
Sunday, October 10, 2010 12:35 AM
yeah just looked at it.... really like it.. i dunno anything about that imprint but the deck looks like it would b great

Sunday, October 10, 2010 7:14 PM
decided on a PIONEER DEH-P980BT i think i like this one... lol anyone have any comments about this one before i go get one?
Sunday, October 10, 2010 7:18 PM
Hey wanna buy mine?

I really liked it but I was looking for more SQ adjustablility (I'm talking serious fine tuning). Plus the bluetooth wasn't great.

Monday, October 11, 2010 6:03 AM
What was wrong with the bluetooth?... N the sound quality adjustability wasnt that great?
Monday, October 11, 2010 6:06 AM
I was looking for one of those 880's that u listed but couldnt find 1... N I liked that alpine but it sucks that u have to but that imprint kit to make fine tune adjustments
Monday, October 11, 2010 11:54 AM
I'm running three way components in my front stage as well as subs. The 980BT only has time alignment for Front, rear, and sub. I don't want to suggest that's not enough, but I have the opportunity to go to an F1 status deck, if I weren't, I'd keep the deck. The bluetooth is just kind of quiet for the other person on the line. I blame the mic.

Monday, October 11, 2010 11:57 AM
Monday, October 11, 2010 1:53 PM
how would that alpine b with out the imprint kit?
Monday, October 11, 2010 2:02 PM
n how much for ur pioneer deck and what kinda conditition is it iin
Monday, October 11, 2010 5:59 PM
You have a pm for the pioneer.

As far as the alpine, it has manual time alignment without the kit. It also has eq but it's limited without the kit.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:21 AM
patrick lane wrote:how would that alpine b with out the imprint kit?

Alpines are great decks soundwise without the imprint kit. The imprint kit takes it up many notches though

"I did it because I wanted to see what it would look like. You should be greatful that I even told you that it would look good. If your to dumb to use photoshop and change the color of your own car then you don't need to see it changed. I'm not going to give my work away. I'll sell the pic to you though for $15."-Adam Kalin

^^JBO is about not being that guy

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:30 AM
lol i feel like this is such a tuff decision im leaning towards that 9887 thou
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 3:37 PM
If I wanted something extremly loud n as clear as possible in the rear deck what speakers n amp would u guys recomend?
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:26 PM
Most of us dont run rear speakers as far as I know. I dont have passengers a lot so I chose not to use them. Rear speakers tend to muddy the front stage.

But the best way Ive found to set them so they dont as much is to center the fade and turn your head to the right. If your ear is drawn the the rear then the level is too high. Fade forwards until your ears are no longer drawn back there. I think on mine it was only a few clicks.

Also not using them opens up two more channels on my amp and allows me to bridge and let my Rainbows see 100 wrms as opposed to 50 wrms. Its really up to you though.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:43 PM
So just the rainbows up front is loud enough
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 4:55 PM
Oh god yes at least for me I could here them plenty good over my big sub when I still had it and theyre enough to cause pain now. But I think thats mostly in the tweeters,

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:13 PM
What speakers n amp u runnin up front.. N where did u place ur tweeters
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:42 PM
I have the Rainbow SAC625.25 and a Sundown Audio SAX-50.4.

My tweeters are in the stock Sunfire tweeter pods. Got lucky there. Someone else will have to say where theres are.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:49 PM
Yea since I got the cavalier... But jl told me I could just cut a hole in the door panel a few inches away frim the 6.5 and mount the tweeter there
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:51 PM
Thats probably the best bet. The only I wouldnt like about that is the tweeter being off-axis but hell maybe these sound better off-axis.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:04 PM
Idk guess ill find out soon lol..., u think for the fronts I would be better off with a two channel amp? And just use it for those.. Or should I get a 4 channel?

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:08 PM
Whatever is a better deal. I mean 4 channel can be a 2 channel. Shop around.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:17 PM
True.. I believe jl told me I want about 100 to 150 watts rms going to the rainbows.. Lol I just hope that this set up is loud/ clear enough
Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:23 PM
It is. I regularly fall into Floyd-holes and I still have A LOT of tuning to do to get it where I want it.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 6:29 PM
Oo ok.. I got kick panels set up for five and a quarter speakers I was thinkin about puttin in
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search