I need help whether these will work. - Page 3 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I need help whether these will work.
Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:34 PM
Gimme the MR2 then.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 10:09 PM
It's currently my DD And helllll no. I finally got that car almost done. Time to enjoy it, drive it, and dig into the new project. The 38 year old project.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Friday, June 17, 2011 12:06 AM
So instead of 6x9s get 6.5's? In front and rear? If that's a better route I might go that way. I plan to keep the car for as long as the body is able to handle a build. I want some audio but I'm more in the performance aspect so I doubt I'd ever sell my car. Junk it, sure
Friday, June 17, 2011 5:16 AM
just ditch the idea of getting new rear speakers and focus on getting GOOD 6.5" components up front and amping them.

Friday, June 17, 2011 4:40 PM
LOL

When's that sale going on?
Friday, June 17, 2011 4:51 PM
The reason I say ditch the idea is because you are in the front, music is recorded in 2 channel stereo, not surround sound, and you want the speakers up front to be the best they can. rear speakers dig into the component budget, as well as drag the soundstage behind you.

As for the sale... Thinking 15% below regular price on all Rainbow products I sell Nothing set in stone, but I just want to get some more product out there A: Because people need to get into these amazing products, and B: Because I have 2 damn cars to build now LOL

Friday, June 17, 2011 11:55 PM
I feel that, and completely understand why you're saying I should scrap messing with the componets and what not. But for a future upgrade, should I stick with 6x9 in the rear or is there a better size that would fit great. Maybe 6.5 in the rear too?
Saturday, June 18, 2011 10:07 AM
I don't understand where I said scrap the component idea lol.... Definitely get components. If you can afford a high quality set of components in the front with a good amp you are 10 steps ahead of replacing your 4 factory speakers. I was saying to scrap the idea of getting rear speakers. Money can be spent much better elsewhere.

Suggestion for making a well rounded system on a budget and getting the most bang for your buck:

-6.5" components up front (obviously with good sturdy baffle/adapters).
-single sub in a sealed box in the trunk to pick up the low end frequencies without taking much trunk space.
-amp for each, or one nice 4 channel for all.
-quality head unit

That's honestly all it takes to get everything done decently man. And if you can only piece it together for now, start with components since your factory speakers are toast. They won't be able to play anywhere close to their full potential without a good clean amp, but they will be better for now while you save for an amp. Why replace speakers 2-3 times when you can save a bit here and there and do it all right once. Even if pieced together over time.

Saturday, June 18, 2011 5:47 PM
I don't know, I guess I didn't mean to say scrap the idea, but to not worry about it yet. I just found that I have way less cash then I thought so I'm going to have to put this audio upgrade on hold for a few months. It honestly sucks so much :/
Saturday, June 18, 2011 7:34 PM
Yeah well sometimes we gotta set aside the fun stuff and prioritize our lives. I've been unemployed before.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search