the real solution to SS injectors!!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
the real solution to SS injectors!!!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8sSNc6oeNY&feature=channel

These are listed in the classifieds under engine.

Please feel free to comment.

Re: the real solution to SS injectors!!!
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:21 AM
Wow great workmanship done to this and I am glad that someone has come up with a better solution then the washers...
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:26 AM
Lance Detwiler wrote:Wow great workmanship done to this and I am glad that someone has come up with a better solution then the washers...

You could also grind off the blocks on the under side of an 03 to 05 rail and slot the tabs......problem solved for 10minutes of work. Also I wasn't aware that the other solutions were fake....

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:18 AM
Was not saying the other options were fake I just have done some research I definently don't like the washer thing but however the way he made those makes it look very clean and makes it look like it was made like that.... As for the valve cover thing how hard is it to go that option cause I have the ss injectors just did not wanna slap stuff together and just throw em in improperly ya kni and have jetting issues...
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:20 AM
Lance the "fake" comment was a joke because the thread title says the real solution.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 11:32 AM
Ya, grinding the head down isn't a real solution for anyone that wants to do anything right. I would rather pull these out to go back to stock as opposed to wondering why I grinded tabs on the head off and now cannot put it back together correctly, and have to buy a head.....

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:47 PM
See I understand the joke part but their are people out their that will do that with washers or whatever they can to make something work .... As for doin a hack job on anything I am not one to try to just cut corners rather just do it right the first time or not do it at all
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:58 PM
Agreed!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:53 PM
how about do nothing but use the stock cups and call it a day. This has worked on sooo many 03-05 setups I do not understand why some people have issues.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:01 PM
^^It does seem odd that a mass produced car has so many different results doing to same mod.

But regardless these are nice and I know if it was my car id feel more comfortable running these.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:20 PM
These are a nice solution, but I never got the point of the great debate on making LSJ injectors fit. Why not just buy the right size injector that actually fits without modification. Now THAT seems more like doing it right the first time.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:27 PM
People like this option when going with the re-flash. Just a cheap option. Last set I picked up was like $40 shipped to my door.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:30 PM
jason norwood wrote:Ya, grinding the head down isn't a real solution for anyone that wants to do anything right. I would rather pull these out to go back to stock as opposed to wondering why I grinded tabs on the head off and now cannot put it back together correctly, and have to buy a head.....

I never said anything about grinding the head down, maybe you should slow down and reread what I had said. I said to grind the bottom of the fuel rails blocks down. If you hold a fuel rail in your hand and look at it you can see what I'm talking about. The mounting tabs will still be as thick as they were without compromising the strength of the tabs but the rail can have the mounting hole slotted now and the rail can sit closer to the cylinder head which will allow you to use the shorter injectors. If your worried about doing something "right" then spend the money upfront for proper length fuel injectors from the get go and don't use injectors that are too short. I went out the the garage and grabbed a spare rail I have laying around to show you guys a pic that might help you see what I'm talking about.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:31 PM
Lance Detwiler wrote:Was not saying the other options were fakeAs for the valve cover thing how hard is it to go that option cause I have the ss injectors just did not wanna slap stuff together and just throw em in improperly ya kni and have jetting issues...

What are you thinking of when you talk about the valve cover option?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:36 PM
i just purchased a set of these tonight off Jason and Tom. I was running these ev6 injectors with a 02 fuel rail and stock injectors cups removed. it worked great for 2 year.
http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/217-LSJ-Lucas-42-injectors.aspx

i have since sold my 02 fuel rail with my spare m62 blower kit. i wanted to run the 03 fuel rail with my new 60's
http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/265-Siemens-60-Injectors-4-.aspx

i was under the impression these 60s would work correctly with 03 fuel rail and stock injector cups. They do work and my car runs fine but the lower O-ring is just barely into the injector cup. If the O-ring is sealing, its not by much and i dont feel comfortable with it. Again both my 42's and 60's were designed for LSJ engines. they work with the 02 fuel rail but with the 03+ they are barely into the injector cup. These machined aluminum injector cups are a much safer and better solution. I"m looking forward to getting mine. These are a great solution to a off the shelf injector like ZZP sells or even the factory LSJ injector.

left is stock L61, Middle Lucas 42, Right Siemens 60's

stock injector is quite a bit longer. sorry i dont have exact dimensions. I know they are kicking around somewhere on here but you can see there is a slight length difference between L61 and the LSJ.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:40 PM
i had an image saved on my old computer but i cant find it but i did come across this...

2002 L61 injectors/ LSJ injectors:
overall injector length: 2.871" -or- 72.9mm
center o-ring to center o-ring: 2.494" -or- 63.3mm

2003-2005 L61 injectors:
overall injector length: 3.124" -or- 79.3mm
center o-ring to center o-ring: 2.653" -or- 67.3mm

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:59 PM
Will I need these to run the LSJ injectors on my LD9?

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:15 PM
Sorry, thought you meant grind down the head mounting point, guess I thought that's what you meant. Still don't think that the fuel rail mod was really a good option, to each their own. Also whoever wants to use a smaller injector will and so far about 28 people have.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 8:58 PM
this looks like a marketing ploy not a photos and media. these should be posted in the proper sections. also not fan of raising the injestor higher out to the hole. better choice is removing the blocks off the fuel rail. then it actually sits the injector into the hole for proper spray pattern.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 12:10 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:how about do nothing but use the stock cups and call it a day. This has worked on sooo many 03-05 setups I do not understand why some people have issues.

I know, its weird I had leaking issues under boost even with aftermarket injectors. I used washers under the cups and no problems since. The new cups from Jason weren't available at the time and I had to have it finished.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, March 01, 2012 7:29 AM
Mr.Thompson.... Not a marketing ploy, the link was to a video... confused on your comment. Not all blocks on the fuel rails are removable, also this does not effect spray pattern, clearly stated in the video....

Roofy, sorry I hear that from a lot of people that buy these

Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:05 AM
That guy on the Video...

You might be a redneck if....

You use injectors that aren't the right size.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:17 AM
lol. Aredd however there are many doing it and its making money so......

Thursday, March 01, 2012 8:39 AM
This site STILL cracks me up, someone trying to make mods for a DEAD J platform a little easier and some of you come in here and try to shoot him and the idea down. You dont like it, so what, kick ricks and move on and keep using washers for your injectors. Be glad someone is trying to make a tiny mod a little easier for us. I wish Jason was doing this back in 2010 when I needed spacers for my injectors, I had to get them custom made from a place who dont know jack @!#$ about the J platform.

And so what if this isn't the right forum, hell id rather see this than the half ass useless circa 2000 modifications that mostly are in the P&M right now

Nice job Jason, keep it up.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, March 01, 2012 9:14 AM
Cool David, will do buddy! You will see more to come!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search