So fresh! Just out of the booth! - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: So fresh! Just out of the booth!
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:18 AM
sick

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 6:09 AM
I think it's better then before, but the front end is killing it overall.

It needs something more, and I agree with the "looks rushed" comments the front end just seems to be an afterthought slapped on the car.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:30 AM
I am just confused how my front end has more work than 75 percent of the cars on here but it's rushed? It may not be your taste..... Which is fine most of the cars on here aren't my taste either but I don't tell them it's rushed when half of the cars are painted with spray paint..... Or will never see paint.... Or just left stock.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:43 AM
SeamlessZ24 wrote:I am just confused how my front end has more work than 75 percent of the cars on here but it's rushed? It may not be your taste..... Which is fine most of the cars on here aren't my taste either but I don't tell them it's rushed when half of the cars are painted with spray paint..... Or will never see paint.... Or just left stock.

My take on this is that it doesn't look rushed, just looks plain with all the holes filled, which in my opinion gives the appearance of being unfinished. Perhaps that is where the rushed idea is coming from. I'm loving the satin white, by far the best color choice yet.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:54 AM
No bad comments here. I like it and hope to see it finished.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:33 AM
SeamlessZ24 wrote:I am just confused how my front end has more work than 75 percent of the cars on here but it's rushed? It may not be your taste..... Which is fine most of the cars on here aren't my taste either but I don't tell them it's rushed when half of the cars are painted with spray paint..... Or will never see paint.... Or just left stock.

I can definitely understand you getting defensive as I am sure you have spent a TON of time on the front end and car overall. However, coming from a guy here who has been doing body and paint work for many years the fact that the gaps, lines, and fit and finish just aren't quite right was one of the first things that stuck out to me when seeing your pics. I've worked on restoration projects where we have spent literally all winter doing nothing but getting all the panels to line up properly and have perfect fitment and gaps, I think that those referring to it looking "rushed" are referring to exactly that. Maybe re-work the hook a bit and it would clean things up but if you are going for a seamless look you really do need to have seamless transitions between your panels.

Also something bothers me with your windshield pillars, they just look like they were hacked off to me with a sawzall, it really takes away from all of the smoothness everywhere else on the car IMO. Please don't take my comments offensively I think the car looks good and can definitely see all the work you have put into it but i'm just adding my 2 cents.

President/Founder - 607 Motorsports
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 9:55 AM
Fill it up with water and it looks like a bathtub. Good craftsmanship though
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:02 PM
Post somemore pics Mike! Ride is looking great bro!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 7:32 PM
I've been working on the details.... Hand painted the lettering on the subs white... And grill for the door speakers. Under coated the wheel wells and cut the windshield.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:22 PM
Nice man! I cant wait to see what else you have in store! Always a fan bro!!!

Monday, March 19, 2012 7:57 PM
Paint it gloss black! Let that body work shine!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search