The time is finally coming.... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The time is finally coming....
Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:23 AM
I've been away from my car for a year now, therefore no progress has truly been made... however, I have been communicating with an awesome JBO member about finally getting it painted. My husband deploys to Afghanistan in a few months, at that point I'll be moving home for awhile, and able to do what the car has been needing for awhile now.

How it sits right now:

The color being used: Cyber Gray

I have a few things to do to it to make sure its road trip worthy, rims will be changing as well... the Motegis have snow tires mounted on them and will stick around for winter use if necessary. You should see some updated pictures hopefully by mid July.

I'm really excited so I had to share... It's about time the car gets some positive changes. More will be coming in the near future as well. I have some suspension components sitting in the trunk waiting for install... and once the body work is completed, I have some fun stuff I want to get working on. Including, but not limited to, a blown eco swap, coilovers, and a bunch of interior stuff. I want the interior to look virtually stock, but much more updated. Got some cool stuff in mind. Can't wait til we get stationed back in the US so I can actually work on it!!!

Photoshop for fun:

Thanks for looking. Just felt like sharing my excitement. My car has looked like @!#$ for awhile now, as the path that was taken was influenced by someone else.... so it's refreshing to get it where I really want it.

Re: The time is finally coming....
Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:36 AM
i love grey very much but soooo many are using it now.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Saturday, March 17, 2012 6:41 AM
I agree, I've noticed this too lately.... However, it is the color I've always wanted to do it, and I'm not going to change what I want because others have it, lol. Besides, it's not like I see any others that resemble my car even a little bit, in person, so it doesn't bother me. It will fit it.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:32 AM
Go with it, I think it looks good and if it's what you like, why not?

Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:37 AM
Who cares if people are using the color, it looks dam good and you like it. I can't wait to see some progress on your car. It should look good once painted, I've always liked that front end.

Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:12 PM
I love gray myself.. I wanted to go with that Stealth Gray that came on some of the older jbodies, with some metallic in it. I look forward to see what you do with it.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, March 18, 2012 3:58 AM
Bout damn time Cant wait to see this get updated!

Sunday, March 18, 2012 7:52 AM
Thanks everyone =]

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:12 AM
Contemplating......

The Streetfire is not a mild front end and is low as hell.... I want to lower the J but obviously that front will restrict me for a car that's going to be DD... at least for awhile. I started tossing the idea around because it's retains a unique look, is mildly aggressive, at least compared to the Cavy fronts imo, gives me better opportunity to make my retrofits, and is much much more functional. It will match my mild sides/rear as well...

I guess I'm drifting away from the more extreme look, and wanting something more mild and closer to stock, but better =P. I'm really starting to lean towards the 03-05 front right now, before it gets painted.

Wouldn't mind some feedback.. Still gonna get a boosted Eco in there in time... and I'd like to eventually get a front lip to work with it as well if I go this route.

Another bonus, If I can find a nice front end to use, It will make a lot less prep work for paint for Matt & I as well than my current front.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:25 AM
please do the 03+ front its my favorite fire front. looks aggressive but stock!

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:24 AM
Do what Gary Frank did with his 03-05 front, put an 00-02 Cav lip on it

He just used a front plate for the split but you could figure something else out...

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:29 AM

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:40 AM
Yeah, was thinkin somethin like that, but that part is a lil ways out. My husband really likes Gary's car so he approves of my change, lol.

Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:03 PM
glad to see you working on the car again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, March 29, 2012 6:07 PM

Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:24 PM
I approve (obviously!).

I definitely like the look of the 03+ fires way more than the prior phases...have always said it manages to have an aggressive look to it, but not too aggressive. I think the front with a subtle lip or splitter would match up very nicely with your sides.

...and I've been hoping to get to paint a 03+ fire with this kind of color too!

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:17 AM
Gary has that front bumper for sale now

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:23 AM
Haha. Matt already found me a brand new front end... So looks like its happenin! Excited to finally clean the car up!

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:33 AM
Nice Jess, get it done fast haha

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 11:59 AM
As fast as I can! lol.

Matt is going to start painting the front end, whenever he has the time. I'm going to give him the money to order the paint very soon. Hopefully he will post pics of his progress once he starts

If anyone has any 03+ fire stuff I do need a couple small things

Hood latch/mechanism
Plastic guard that covers the headlight brackets/rad support

Think that's it for now.

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 1:57 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:If anyone has any 03+ fire stuff I do need a couple small things

Hood latch/mechanism
Plastic guard that covers the headlight brackets/rad support

Your best bet is to hope you find them in a junkyard or ebay. You'll need the complete support bar (the big piece that bolts to the top and sides of radiator support, PN 22672033), the latch mechanism (PN 22710141) and the hood striker (PN 22680974). When I did the conversion on my car I was able to find the first 2 on ebay but was never able to find the striker no matter where I looked. I ended up having to pay full price for a new one ($49 for a stinkin bent piece of metal).

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 6:00 PM
First time seeing this thread. That cyber grey is the color I want too, have for ever just like you. It just looks amazing on j's.
Also, it's gonna look sexy. Can't wait to see it finished.
Awaiting more pictures.

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 12:04 AM
Thanks Dave! Wasn't aware I'd need the support bar too, and the PNs help in case I can't find any.

Sunfiretun3r - Thanks, I can't wait to see it finished too!! lol.

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 4:09 AM
Going to order these real soon, just have to move some funds around in my accounts, lol. Also looking at which suspension to get... was initially dead set on STDs, kinda contemplating a nice shock/etrut & spring assembly though. Looking for performance > lowering. Suggestions?

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 4:13 AM
Also, all we be installed right before or right after paint job. Need new wheels/tires for the trip, then might install lowering stuff after. We'll see, both will be ordered in the next month or so though.

Then I'm saving for my Eco swap! Yay!

Thursday, April 05, 2012 3:31 PM
Buy my R5s!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search