Informal Poll - Would you pay for unlocked eco reflash? - Page 11 - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Informal Poll - Would you pay for unlocked eco reflash?
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:38 AM
im in if i can get rid of this crapflash. and if im gonna s/c the vert too it would be awesome to have both run great.

1. oldskool, Ryan Lutz, rwl041@netscape.net
2. Tinkles, Kyle Hinkley, tinkles@ymail.com
3. Leafy, Jon Leith, leafydialupking@gmail.com (75% on paying at $500 and 100% paying at $250)
4. newt, David Knutson, d_knutson@hotmail.com
5. Rare5spd, Bryan Portera, Rare5spd@aol.com (250.00)
6. Vic28, Victor Cabrera, v_cabrera@msn.com ($250)
7. yellow cavy (s/c L61), Brian Foshee , frosty_411@hotmail.com ($250)
8. 05xtremecav, Kyle Reber, xtremecav05@hotmail.com

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:40 AM
Its a shame, at least we still have options. I'm going to make a thread for us to try and figure out 100% how to run the ecotec of the LD9 pcm/reflash. And the other option is that my tuner want to take a crack at my pcm with the hex editor.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:56 AM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]pretty much what he is doing is what anyone else can do , he hasnt shown it to be anything different

only thing he has done was made it a little simpler for the novice I'm sorry, I didn't know you got the opportunity to test the product - amazing feat since it's not out yet. Who else has converted our OS to speed density (and how the hell did i miss it)??
Also, how do you propose it's easy for anyone to tune a high boost, high horsepower set up on alpha-n? I realize it CAN be done, but it's no where near perfect w/o some kind of boost proportional enrichment. Not to mention optimizing spark timing. Make no mistake, had this come to fruition, all turbo ecotecs tuned on 1-bar via HPT would have something to gain, be it drivability, performance or both.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 1:11 PM
I love the people who instantly want to talk this down like its not a big deal, or that its Vince's fault for not going through the effort to provide an example of how this would work before they sign up. I really don't understand the attitude of J owners....its like this for seemingly everything...everything is garbage until 100% proven otherwise...no one has any faith.

People always bitch that civics are so much farther ahead than the J crowd...but its not our cars that are holding us back its the people that own them, people want everything for free.....you think the civic crowd makes big power cars for free?? No they are paying for their mods too!

People have been crying for years to get a tunable speed density tune for the Ecotec...and now that its right in front of us and actually possible no one wants to step up for $500. People spend double that here on @!#$ body kits and fancy wheels!

I was seriously considering boosting my car for next season after I heard that this might become a reality...but now that it seems to being going down hill I've pretty much committed myself to sticking with all-motor for next year just because I really don't feel like going through the pain of trying to tune for boost on alpha-n.

If this goes through I am still committed to paying the $500 just to help the J-community. Plus at least I'll have the file if one day I do want to go the boosted route.

It cost money to make power....until people are willing to step up and invest into trying to make power they J-body will never really be taken seriously. Sad to say.....but true.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 2:52 PM
how about 10 of us to pay $500?

Pete ***RIP John Lingenfelter***
2002 Flame Yellow Sunfire GT B+M shifted 5 Spd
Just looking for mods and prey

Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:10 PM
newt wrote:I love the people who instantly want to talk this down like its not a big deal, or that its Vince's fault for not going through the effort to provide an example of how this would work before they sign up. I really don't understand the attitude of J owners....its like this for seemingly everything...everything is garbage until 100% proven otherwise...no one has any faith.

People always bitch that civics are so much farther ahead than the J crowd...but its not our cars that are holding us back its the people that own them, people want everything for free.....you think the civic crowd makes big power cars for free?? No they are paying for their mods too!

People have been crying for years to get a tunable speed density tune for the Ecotec...and now that its right in front of us and actually possible no one wants to step up for $500. People spend double that here on @!#$ body kits and fancy wheels!

I was seriously considering boosting my car for next season after I heard that this might become a reality...but now that it seems to being going down hill I've pretty much committed myself to sticking with all-motor for next year just because I really don't feel like going through the pain of trying to tune for boost on alpha-n.

If this goes through I am still committed to paying the $500 just to help the J-community. Plus at least I'll have the file if one day I do want to go the boosted route.

It cost money to make power....until people are willing to step up and invest into trying to make power they J-body will never really be taken seriously. Sad to say.....but true.

while i agree, ill also disagree.

if there was a possible cure for cancer, are you going to pay for it up front and MAYBE have it work? or do you want proof that it cures cancer before you try it...

what if his tune system cripples the car? what if the cure cripples you?

Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:16 PM
Holy undue drama batman!! This is a feeler!! No one is handing over cash yet, and no one is dying . Besides, your analogy is flawed and i know from experience. People pay for the possibility of a cure for cancer every day; they are desperate to live.

Besides, the money would funnel through someone like QWK LN2, and all necessary testing would be done before he hands money to Vince.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:32 PM
Than lets get this @!#$ poppin... im putting my name and I have a different platform, so j-bodies owners step up.
Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:42 PM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:Holy undue drama batman!! This is a feeler!! No one is handing over cash yet, and no one is dying . Besides, your analogy is flawed and i know from experience. People pay for the possibility of a cure for cancer every day; they are desperate to live.

Besides, the money would funnel through someone like QWK LN2, and all necessary testing would be done before he hands money to Vince.

it was a @!#$ example jesus christ. im not paying for something that MIGHT work. or it COULD work.... ill pay for something that is PROVEN to work.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 3:55 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:Holy undue drama batman!! This is a feeler!! No one is handing over cash yet, and no one is dying . Besides, your analogy is flawed and i know from experience. People pay for the possibility of a cure for cancer every day; they are desperate to live.

it was a @!#$ example jesus christ. im not paying for something that MIGHT work. or it COULD work.... ill pay for something that is PROVEN to work.
nice. Ok then, see you when it's proven - kthnxbye

Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:13 PM
oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

not to mention you being one of the reasons why im not putting up money, if you quit being a jerl and get off your high horse then maybe more people would be friendly about it. instead we get your holier than thou attitude and it just gets annoying.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:16 PM
OUCH! that was my feelings you hurt

Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:16 PM
ill glady pay 300-400 for a proven tune but not till then. I think that ryan or someone should become a dealer for even just this tune, or make it so its locked to a vin so it cant be transferred.
Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:17 PM
But seriously - you've been nothing but a downer in this thread. If you don't want to spend the money - don't blame me

oldskool (eco meatcake) wrote:OUCH! that was my feelings you hurt

is there logic behind you being an @!#$?

or is it just natural genealogy?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:17 PM

Philly D wrote:ill glady pay 300-400 for a proven tune but not till then. I think that ryan or someone should become a dealer for even just this tune, or make it so its locked to a vin so it cant be transferred.
I am a Trifecta Dealer....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:19 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

I have a thing against people coming into a thread regarding advanced tuning and bringing it down when they probably have not used the software themselves. That is where i'm coming from. Now...if you would be so kind - you have stated your opinion on this project so why continue to bring it down? If you don't want to pay for it fine. No need to keep being a complete downer.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:26 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

when they probably have not used the software themselves.

we know what assuming does...

and the more i ask for proof, maybe the more people will ask for proof and we might get it. you are asking for a lot of money for a possibility of something.

i mean i know of an eco cav thats in the 10's on stock timing... and is still using hpt but kept stock timing. something has to make this option worth $500 to each person.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:29 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

and the more i ask for proof, maybe the more people will ask for proof and we might get it. you are asking for a lot of money for a possibility of something.

i mean i know of an eco cav thats in the 10's on stock timing... and is still using hpt but kept stock timing. something has to make this option worth $500 to each person.
Ok, so have you ever personally tuned a boosted cav on the stock alpha-n OS? Yes or No will suffice.

But fair enough. I prefer to do things right. Proof will come when there is a reasonable commitment. Ryan is a trifecta dealer as he just said, so you have a knowledgeable/reputable org member behind this. He is not going to screw anyone. Neither was I for the record.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:34 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

Ok, so have you ever personally tuned a boosted cav on the stock alpha-n OS? Yes or No will suffice.

But fair enough. I prefer to do things right. Proof will come when there is a reasonable commitment. Ryan is a trifecta dealer as he just said, so you have a knowledgeable/reputable org member behind this. He is not going to screw anyone. Neither was I for the record.[/quote

didnt say anyone was going to screw anyone. Hence why ryan has tuned my car...

Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:06 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

not to mention you being one of the reasons why im not putting up money, if you quit being a jerl and get off your high horse then maybe more people would be friendly about it. instead we get your holier than thou attitude and it just gets annoying.

he is 1 of the reasons im not dishing out my $$$$ for it also as well as a friend of mine that was wanting it as well , that and ive about talked myself into ditching the prototype M62 set up and just getting a custom kit from hahn along with a port fueler , since all this is going into a 73 vega

though it woulda been nice to share the s/c tune with the g/f's s/c'd eco that i daily drive

one of the other reason is lack of support from the guy doing all this

and yes other people have done fake 2bar and 2.5bar set ups in the j's , ive even got a friend here that will do it , but he is about as hard to get do things as the guy doing this , but atleast he keeps in touch

Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:34 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:

he is 1 of the reasons im not dishing out my $$$$ for it also as well as a friend of mine that was wanting it as well , that and ive about talked myself into ditching the prototype M62 set up and just getting a custom kit from hahn along with a port fueler , since all this is going into a 73 vega

though it woulda been nice to share the s/c tune with the g/f's s/c'd eco that i daily drive

one of the other reason is lack of support from the guy doing all this

and yes other people have done fake 2bar and 2.5bar set ups in the j's , ive even got a friend here that will do it , but he is about as hard to get do things as the guy doing this , but atleast he keeps in touchWhy don't you guys just state your opinion and get lost then?? I mean seriously, this IS a development whether you want it to be or not, whether you like ME or not. Maybe it is you that need to look past your own egos and think about what this does for the platform and tuning and look past any differences in opinion that you may have with me personally . If you still don't support it then why are do you continually post in this thread if not to make arguments/disagreements? It's like a fking broken record.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:37 PM
From here on out, we really don't need a poll of people who don't want to get in on this FEELER. The idea is it's for people who are interested, not those who are disinterested. It is understood that some proof of value/function will be needed before a real cash commitment is made, but until then, if you are totally opposed, start your own motherfkin thread.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:40 PM
ahhhhhhhhhh , does someone need a WHAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMBULANCE ?

Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:44 PM
[quote=97cavie24ls(™)]ahhhhhhhhhh , does someone need a WHAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMBULANCE ? sure. you might as well call three of them. One for me and one for yourself and Mr Morris. So genuinely clever...LMAO

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search