mrthompson's 4 door progress thread - Page 13 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: mrthompson's 4 door progress thread
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 7:48 AM
Looks good, did you roll the rear quarters?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 10:29 AM
I hope the novelty doesnt wear off as quickly as it did to me.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 1:39 PM
david- no i have not rolled the quarters or anything yet.

tinkles- yeah i hope it doesn't also. lol.good thing is it is no longer my dd.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:10 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Looks like it lays just right.. Now awkward like some do! Nice and even.

BTW... your trunk is finally installed on my car.

right now the rear is laying on the tires and i'm betting the front is laying on something. i'm looking to try to go lower with it or atleast have clearance to roll around with it dumped. also why tease me? post them pics already. and did you put the bars back in?

No bars. Got it pretty lined up. Left front corner near C piller was slightly low so I installed a small bumper to keep the gap proper when trunk is closed. Overall pretty damn good for a CF lid. Pictures someday soon!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 9:18 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Looks like it lays just right.. Now awkward like some do! Nice and even.

BTW... your trunk is finally installed on my car.

right now the rear is laying on the tires and i'm betting the front is laying on something. i'm looking to try to go lower with it or atleast have clearance to roll around with it dumped. also why tease me? post them pics already. and did you put the bars back in?

No bars. Got it pretty lined up. Left front corner near C piller was slightly low so I installed a small bumper to keep the gap proper when trunk is closed. Overall pretty damn good for a CF lid. Pictures someday soon!

awesome. i bet that thing looks sexy.

Friday, June 10, 2011 1:41 PM
More parts. Ended picking this up for cheap. Guess I get to start this next. Yay for irs and disc.

Friday, June 10, 2011 3:34 PM
btw this is the the alero rear irs. i'm glad i ended up picking this up. a couple of the the bars are bent but the yard should be able to get me a couple nonbent one. this is gonna be nice to slam it and have the wheels centered up.

soon to have no more of this.

group pic.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 8:09 AM
i ultimately plan on the IRS swap as well... but I need to pick up std's and then see if OEM can machine a set of bottom mounts to make them work with the IRS.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 8:42 AM
the mounting of the strut is where me delima sits also. but my solution is(i was not going to post this till after i tryed it.) but was to remove the lower strut mount from the factory struts and install them onto the air ride struts. i had kinda had verification that this might work when i had seen that spencer(white dtp sunfire) had readjusted his front mounts and moved the farther up the struts. only thing is i won't know till i get out there and start messing with it again.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 8:50 AM
i'm hoping the the stds being threaded for height adjustment that a new lower mount can be made to thread onto the ooilover body and bolt up to the n-body knuckle.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 11:52 AM
u might want to ask benham and see if std can make them. the other thought is see if the rear struts mount to the rear. if so change out the tophats to rear top hats and done. the springs and struts should be the same diameter as the rears. i might be wrong since i have not seen the the coilover setup. the other possibility is to see if the front lower mounts will mount on the rear struts.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 4:34 PM
pretty sure std isn't going to do one off parts for me and i doubt the market is there for them to mass produce something. I'm pretty sure OEM was offering a lower mount to help even out the rear already so i'm hoping that design can be adapted for the n-body knuckles.

the fronts have a higher spring rate to accomodate the extra weight from the engine so I think that might be counter productive unless I want the rear super stiff.

i'd also need to figure out if the baer's could be adapted in the to work with the n-body rear stuff. at this point though, i'm along way off so i'll have plenty of time to mull it over. LOL

step 1: talk the wife into ANOTHER set of $1300 coilovers.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:46 PM
Lmao. I hear you. Why don't u get a hold of some one who has them and see if the from sleeved mounts thread on to the rear. If they do all you would have to do is get a hold of them and buy a extra set of front lower mounts. On the beaaars you could easily sell them off a do a upgrade to the factory alero rears. I know I came across a thread where some one swap stuff out to corvette calipers and a bigger rotor. Just a thought. That way your not forking out a ton of money to figure out what works.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 7:57 PM
I'd actually like to see if I can retain the 5x100 bolt pattern as well though after the fiasco i went through for my 5zigens.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 8:01 PM
I'm working on that also. I really would like to keep my silver rims if I can. From a glance it doesn't look promising but I'm gonna see what I work up.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 4:29 PM
Well I just ordered hpt pro so it looks like this thing might get to run after all. Also stuff the charger down in the hole. Looks like it is hitting something so I stparts. also set some other parts I had laying around in there to get an idea and snap a pic. Things left to buy and do.

Big tb, tmap and harness, meth tank and spray nozzle, air ride management so I can get rid of the switches, exhaust setup, and just bolt it all together.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:18 PM
get lots of pics of the IRS setup if ya can. I have seen linko's stuff, but am still worried I can screw it up. Anyways, love all the progress and hope to see it together and running on here.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:20 PM
*John Lenko's... not linko's... my bad. lol

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:29 PM
Tsudo and blower= sex. I @!#$ heart j sedans done right. Sad mine will never b on the level of urs and strats but oh well.

Looks awesome buddy you know I'm a fan

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:51 PM

strat81 wrote:i ultimately plan on the IRS swap as well... but I need to pick up std's and then see if OEM can machine a set of bottom mounts to make them work with the IRS.

Was thinking of something today for the suspension setup but have no clue til I get over to the garage to check, but....... I wonder if the wrx coilovers will work with the alero rear end. Since I have a set sitting in the garage I will have to see.

Freelancer1988 wrote:get lots of pics of the IRS setup if ya can. I have seen linko's stuff, but am still worried I can screw it up. Anyways, love all the progress and hope to see it together and running on here.

That is where all my info will come from. But I will try to take a lot of pics.

Thanks blucav you know you had a part in this to. Lol.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 3:29 PM
VERY NICE SEDAN!

99 SUNFIRE COUPE, 2.2L AUTO, WHITE.
BONE STOCK...............FOR NOW.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:46 PM
Darrick Aulner wrote:VERY NICE SEDAN!

Thanks. Still has a long way to go.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 4:27 PM
well my hptuners showed up i guess i will need to find the rest of my parts to finish of the super charger.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:26 PM
Lookin DAMN GOOD!

You know, I owuld've sold you my Bagged Supercharged Indigo Blue Sedan, right?

j/k

Does look damn good. BTW, I never touched the rear quarters, Mine lays on the tires also in the rear. I had to go with a 225/30/20 to fit correctly on a 20x7.5 wheel w/42mm offset.

The 19x8 Hagens were 38mm offset and had to use a 215/35/19 to get it to lay low. I actually want to modify my rear air struts to give me more height, also just incase something fails have it able to roll @ 0psi and not rub. My rear could go lower with smaller wheels and tires.

Once again, looking good my friend. can't wait to see it all finished.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:29 PM
The 19" set up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search