tusdo header ecotec help - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tusdo header ecotec help
Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:05 PM
ok i need some help i need to know were i can get a middel gasket were ith goes from 4-2 flange or whats the best stuff to make the flange as mine has blown out

Re: tusdo header ecotec help
Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:21 PM
aaaa i have n know what ur talking about. they use crap gaskets ur best opt is to go to advance and look thew the gaskets find all metal ones and get two and also get new lock nuts too cause when u take them apart to change it will rattle loose again. imma look for my spare get u a part number of the one u need u will be happy then. 2yras since i did my change alll good. mine went after like 48hrs lol.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:34 PM
here u got this is the ones i have had luck with. they are all metal work great. the one pic is what they look like and the other is the squew and the part number at Advanced auto stores. but with these go to lowes or something and get 4 new bolts and nuts with the white sealer thread in them. this will make a great seal and the new bolts will remain tight after the first heat up. all said n done should be around 6 bucks for everything bolts nuts gaskets. just DONT use the bolts n nuts u have currently they WiLL back out again just toss them. i speak from experiance. and i got them on there tight but they sucked so worth the 30 cents for a new set

Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:27 PM
no pic any part numbers ??

Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:33 PM

sorry there ya go. musta not worked first time lol

Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:10 PM
thanks man i just ran down to advance and got 2 of them and bolts

Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:17 PM
What is the part number I have one of those headers on the way and might as well take care of the problem before it is a problem and have to take it back out of the car to fix. Also did you have any problems with any of the other gaskets? Did you use stock exhaust gasket for the header to the head?? Also did you have problems with the single gasket between the flex piece??

Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:24 PM
well my lower were the flex pipe was is all 2 3/4 pipe now comeing out of were it goes 2 to 1 pipe because my flex pipe flew apart and for the head to header gasket i have the stock one it came with but im about to order a copper one

Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:35 PM
what was the part number on that gasket you bought??

Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:50 PM
cool glad i could help. ny more help pm me. i have the stock one at the block works fine aslong as u dont mess it up. and the 2-1 part gasket is fine since it doesnt really get that hot as it does else where. only issue i had was the 4-2 part as mentioned. they send crappy gaskets that just cant take it heck mine i did some serching at advance and it almost resembles a termastat gasket so it just burned up. i love the new ones i installed. see the pics up above the numbers are the one from my packageing at ADVANCED AUTO idk if it works else where but does at advanced. also cavalierboy they will stick out abit verse the ones that were there but i was just concerned about the center diameter and bolt hole location. lil tip when u get it in there if u need to oblong the hole a bit(may or maynot) mark with a sharpie and use diangle cutters to releif cut it but leave the extra. its crazy but works fine. ull be happy i know i am. soo yea scott take the numbers u see in the pic to advance n pick them up. the box is a part number but the scan number is there too. Cavy its a pia to swapthem cause the angles but very doable. and scott since u didnt install them yet u will need to cut the exhaust pipe back almost to the cat so leave it hang when u take out the old header. starte with the 4pipes first get that in place keep bolts loose then add the 2-1 part with new gaskets keep loose and then add the bottom from under the car then tighten every thing. iu will need to tighten the bolts from top n bottom. once u tighen the bolts if they have a white ring inside leave them cause they are useless and will back out when u remove them like i stated above to cavy to get a new set.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search