I need a head... Patriot Performance? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I need a head... Patriot Performance?
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 3:53 PM
Hey guys, I was planning on just sending my head out to get some work doen but found out that my head was cracked so i was looking for a new head or even a fully assembled ready for a good amount of boost head. Is there any other places that have ported heads that sell them or any other reputibale places to purchase one from. Also whats the word with Patriot Performance. I have seen a lot of mixed reviews from them but the fully assembled head package for 1500 seems like a pretty good deal. Whats your guys imput on them.

SuNnY-T kent.jpg

Re: I need a head... Patriot Performance?
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:03 PM
Their heads are decent but no one trusts their cheap valvetrain.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:47 PM
you guys are making this hard lol.. i love the fact that i can order this, throw it on and be done with the build. Seeing how the winter is coming to an end its the fastest process right now, and im about 90% sure im going with it.. I will be ordering this within the next few days just wanted to see what you guys had to say. Ive checked out some of the old posts on this, and it kinda goes both ways. It has had issues, but some really big guys are running them no probs... so i just dont know really what to think.

SuNnY-T kent.jpg
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 7:44 PM
you don't have any machine shops near you??????

i got my head local from a machine shop and had them P&P and install Karo's 1mm oversized valves, HO Springs, and the conversion retainers Clyde sold me...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:16 PM
i would advise against the patriot valve train. for the most part if the complete head is $1500 and the bare head is $1300... I wouldnt trust $200 valvetrain above 3000rpm. i see a lot of people on here going with supertech and getting by for now. i would stay away from the patriot valvetrain. my head is the stage 2 with additional cnc port and polish work done. si valve springs and 1mm oversized valves.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:25 PM
at the shop theres 2 eco engines with blown head gaskets. from a 05 cav and 07 G5. they are for sell.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:38 PM
Hell i have a spare bare eco head that i dont need. Only thing is that im on the Jersey side of PA.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:38 PM
GME Chat User: Speedline02 wrote:you don't have any machine shops near you??????

i got my head local from a machine shop and had them P&P and install Karo's 1mm oversized valves, HO Springs, and the conversion retainers Clyde sold me...

I do have a shop, actually i had my block hot tanked bored and honed 20 over when i sent the head turns out it was cracked, but he didnt notice it untill after he tanked it, and what not so i lost 60 bucks there cause i had to pay him.. then i took the second head apart and realized some damage it is now unusable.. Im getting so annoyed with these heads i was just gonna go all out and purchase this.. Kinda sucks that the valve train is sh*t..

idk what i want to do with this lol.. If i get the stock head im gonna spend well over the price i could get the patriot for, hmmm this is tuff.

SuNnY-T kent.jpg
Wednesday, February 24, 2010 8:45 PM
i can pull the heads off both. if i sell them it will come with everything for cheap compared to the patriot stuff. head, valves, springs, lifters, and cams. all GM.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:41 PM
maxZ24 wrote:i can pull the heads off both. if i sell them it will come with everything for cheap compared to the patriot stuff. head, valves, springs, lifters, and cams. all GM.

LOL.. Well im building the head so i would have no need for any of the internals of a head if i was to buy one im either going to get this patriot, someones built head, Or a bare head for cheap... idk yet but making up my mind within the next few days so will def keep that in mind! thanks man

SuNnY-T kent.jpg
Thursday, February 25, 2010 2:50 PM
Get stock head and send to m2 race in new jersey. Supertech valvetrain is the way to go.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:32 PM
Ricardo Rosario wrote:Get stock head and send to m2 race in new jersey. Supertech valvetrain is the way to go.

How much would that be, and what all would they do to the head?..

SuNnY-T kent.jpg
Thursday, February 25, 2010 6:34 PM
Tinkles wrote:Hell i have a spare bare eco head that i dont need. Only thing is that im on the Jersey side of PA.

NIce! But Thats a ways for a head lol... Thank you though!

SuNnY-T kent.jpg
Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:31 PM
Its 1100 cnc ported deck skimmed and valve job.Flows more than gm race head.

Friday, February 26, 2010 7:03 AM
Ricardo Rosario wrote:Get stock head and send to m2 race in new jersey. Supertech valvetrain is the way to go.

That place is not to far from where I live. This is a serious cnc facility !!

Friday, February 26, 2010 8:48 AM
slvr05cav wrote:

That place is not to far from where I live. This is a serious cnc facility !!

So They build the head completely? for 1,100 or would i still have to purchase the supertech valvetrain?

SuNnY-T kent.jpg
Friday, February 26, 2010 8:54 AM
No...That is just for them to do the cnc work. You still need to buy the valvetrain.

Friday, February 26, 2010 1:40 PM
slvr05cav wrote:No...That is just for them to do the cnc work. You still need to buy the valvetrain.

Okay, that def gives me something to think about.. Well im on a budget so trying get this done with what i got.. Im working crazy hours and every penny is going into the car.. lol.. I have enough saved to either do the full patriot head, and be done with the build.. Or get either the patriot or one sent to m2.. Only thing is with the m2 im going to have to buy the whole valve train, cams, and other little things to get it all together and running right.. just seems like the patriot coming assembled and ready to go really sways me.. I still have to purchase the new fuel pump and injectors so im kinda weighing my options here.. I almost wanna go with the patriot because i would like to see it a success with my build... I appreciate all the info and advice you guys really clear things up.

SuNnY-T kent.jpg
Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:26 AM
You are right you will save yourself some time by buying the Patriot head...On the other hand the money you spend on it may not get you the performance you think its going to give.
They do offer a fully assembled but you need to call for a price. The only parts you need is valves, springs and seals. Everything else you can reuse. Cams are obviously extra....

Saturday, February 27, 2010 12:29 PM
slvr05cav wrote:You are right you will save yourself some time by buying the Patriot head...On the other hand the money you spend on it may not get you the performance you think its going to give.
They do offer a fully assembled but you need to call for a price. The only parts you need is valves, springs and seals. Everything else you can reuse. Cams are obviously extra....

I know a guy on here who has a new patriot head, he had it put on his eco with intents to boost it but never got around to it.. He's giving it to me cheap, and its brand new.. I have done some business with this guy for my bottom end as well so i know hes good for it. Ill post some pics on here when i get them as well with the current build

SuNnY-T kent.jpg
Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:17 PM
Okay so heres whats gonna happen im buying the head, and replacing the springs and retainers with supertech.. The guy who is helping me with the build at his shop said i should be ok with the valves, were gonna weigh them compared to the oem valves to see the weight differences if any.. What you think?

SuNnY-T kent.jpg

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search