scary article about HKS nock off boost controller - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
scary article about HKS nock off boost controller
Friday, March 10, 2006 9:59 PM
I was reading modifed and they were saying that the bovs on ebay are horriable and will lead to engine damage. has anyone been using them.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "

Re: scary article about HKS nock off boost controller
Friday, March 10, 2006 10:02 PM
i have an obx rfl and it performs fine. Although it may leak. My next bov will most likely be dsm i dont care about how loud or cool it sounds as long as it gets the job done and doesnt leak.

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Friday, March 10, 2006 10:03 PM
boost controller or BOV.

Friday, March 10, 2006 10:07 PM
Yeah I just finished that article 2 ,the whole counterfeit series has been great I won't be buying any cheap e-bay knock off's.

Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Stock!!!!!
Re: scary article about HKS nock off boost control
Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:15 AM
TurboXS RFL BOV's are @!#$ sweet. We're running one on our turbo civic hatch and it sounds amazing. As far as boost controllers go, any of the manuals will have spike and boost creep, except for one in particular that HKS has that I love and will be using on my Supra. It's an MBC but has an electric boost solenoid.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Saturday, March 11, 2006 5:03 AM
i have a hallman in car boost controller.. manual and never EVER have a problem with boost problems.. this is my third manual and never had a problem..

electroni boost controllers I wasd told are known for problems

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, March 11, 2006 8:29 AM
I meant bov. im stupid

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Saturday, March 11, 2006 12:23 PM
lol.... was wondering why the title didnt match the thread......

My Blitz SSBC has no problems..... our TurboXS MBC wont go over 11psi.... although I thought I heard they are only good for double the wastegate spring..... and thats a 5.5/6psi spring

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:01 PM
i had a ebay special manual boost controller on my car... never once spiked on me.. held 8.5-9 psi from 3500-6200. i got a ebay BOV in my possession as well (going on my 240). Its the greddy type rs knock off. we'll see how it performs, although mine is going recirculated.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Saturday, March 11, 2006 3:16 PM
How exactly would a BOV cause engine damage. if anything, defection to the BOV will cause boost leak or turbo surge and ruin the turbo. A MBC could ruin the engine though. if the wastegate boost line leaked, the dump gate wouldnt open, turning your boost way up. causing you to blow your engine
Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:13 PM
Apexi also has an article on there turbo timer and a nock off. They give a detailed information on how to tell the difference. Apexi

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search