Blazer Pump Install - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Blazer Pump Install
Monday, September 22, 2008 4:58 PM
looked at it in the FAQs but was hopin to get some pics i went out today to look at the pump and i have a few questions

the BIG nipple on the cav pump looks bigger and the hose that comes with the blazer one doesn't look like it will fit on the sending unit, WERE THEY SHOWING ME THE WRONG PUMP

the black plastic dealy the stock pump sits in do i have to remove this off the cav pump and put the blazer one into it.

some people said they have fuel cut and some don't what are you guys cutting on the sending unit

JBO since July 30, 2001

Re: Blazer Pump Install
Monday, September 22, 2008 5:45 PM
Go this route instead: Racetronix Fuel Pump
And read about the Discussion

2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited
1999 Cavalier Z24 Supercharged
1999 Grand AM SE (Beater Car)
1997 GMC Sierra
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
2005 Honda TRX450R
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:33 AM
Cursed Cav (Luke Heier) wrote:Go this route instead: Racetronix Fuel Pump
And read about the Discussion

x2

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:53 AM
I cut almost the whole bottom half of my sending unit with my blazer.. Not sure if I ever have fuel cut, I never let my tank get that low.. Its a direct replacement, everything should fit.. I used the cav black 'sock' on the pump.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 4:50 PM
just checked the dealer pump today it doesn't come wiht the sock so i will have to reuse it unless, should i replace it with new then the little black hose doesn;'t have a place on the blazer pump but thats fine it can just sit there

had to switch to a 96 sender for my fuel gauge now i jut gotta get the pump and the 00+ tank should be ready to go solve my fuel starving issues

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:07 PM
Buy a new J body sock since everything will be out. Its cheap.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:23 AM
Actually, buy a Blazer sock. It's twice as big and is doublesided... kind of like a "T" so you get more sock sitting in the tank. Cut the cup on both sides to hang the sock out.

I haven't seen fuel cut until 1/16th tank for the last 4 years.

Also be sure to use proper high pressure hose from the pump to the sending unit.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:18 AM
I've installed both the Blazer pump, and the Walbro 255 HP pump in J's before without having cut out at low fuel levels. Neither have the outlet for the ventri pump to fill the cup up either. All you have to do is use a fitting like the GTP kits come with, or make your own like I did. As far as the sock filter, the blazer pump doesn't come with it. Just buy a blazer one. Like stated, it's larger, but fits fine in the stock cup.

http://jbok.org
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 12:48 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:Actually, buy a Blazer sock. It's twice as big and is doublesided... kind of like a "T" so you get more sock sitting in the tank. Cut the cup on both sides to hang the sock out.

I haven't seen fuel cut until 1/16th tank for the last 4 years.

Also be sure to use proper high pressure hose from the pump to the sending unit.

-Chris-

Listen to this guy!

Blew it up, build numbers coming soon
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:34 PM
he was the one i wanted to post up

chris - darren told me thats what you were running in you car, you don't happen to have pics of wha tyou cut do you if not if i post up a pic of the sending unit can you mark the area that i should cut.

also the sock on the bottom of the sender that appear to work with that small black line that doesn't get used should i just take the hose out and remove that sock ???

JBO since July 30, 2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search