Turbo Cams - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo Cams
Sunday, October 12, 2008 9:54 PM
I am going to get a turbo kit for my car probaly the beginning of next year, i have been doing a lot of reading lately on turbos and cams, but i cant find an answer to my question. I want to put a set of cams in, which will probally be done before the turbo, now,i have seen every now and then, cams with a turbo grind, but when i read the info for the stage 1 and 2s, it says compatible with a turbo. Which is a better bet? i dont want to waste money buying regular cams if i need turbo cams, and if i need turbo cams, i dont want to put them in till after the turbo install because im pretty sure it would hurt performance N/A. If i do go with stg 1 or 2, can it be tuned for max performace, or will it just be better for turbo cams. I just want to do this the right way the first time and not screw anything up, or better yet, blow up and engine. If it would be better to save up and get it done all at the same time, thats cool, i just want to know from the experts here. Honestly though, i also want to know what u guys think about the cam idea all together, i know they dont add extreme power or anything, but they do help a little, would yous guys even bother with them, or am i barking up the wrong tree? All comments are appreciated, thanks guys

Re: Turbo Cams
Monday, October 13, 2008 8:23 AM
I had to read that twice.

22 commas

and only 6 periods!!

I'm not a grammar Nazi, but damn that was hard to read.

Re: Turbo Cams
Monday, October 13, 2008 8:38 AM
The difference between a "turbo grind" and an "n/a grind" is that the turbo grind is designed with less overlap to prevent charge blow-through at higher power levels. Generally both are higher lift than stock to allow more airflow. If you're really worried about the comaptability of the n/a grind with your turbo set up, buy adjustable cam gears and a mild n/a grind. When you get the turbo kit, make sure you tune the cam gears to remove some centerline overlap. For what it's worth, this can also help the turbo spool quicker...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search