turbo - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo
Monday, October 20, 2008 5:01 PM
i have a 2200 and im about to get a full exhaust(header back)with a fi flow cat, and port and polishing the head. my questions are do u guys think this is a good custom kit?

t3/t4 turbo
cast iron turbo manifold
2 1/3 inch piping
28" 8" 2.5" intercooler
hks bov

ok so what size downpipe should i run with about 4-6 psi?
what size injectors and where can i get them?
i heard from people that do turbo set ups that with a little bit of boost that i want to fun i wouldnt have to get tuned , is that true?

Re: turbo
Monday, October 20, 2008 7:10 PM
You will need to get it tuned somehow, otherwise youll blow something up. The best way is HPT, otherwise you can go "oldschool" and get an afpr and fmu and tune it that way, but its not going to get you as much power as a computer tune.

Theres a ton of posts on injectors from other cars you can get (otherwise Accell, RC Engineering, etc), the size you need depends on how much power you want to make. There are calculators for this online.

I would run at least 2.5" downpipe, I plan on running that and pushing somewhere around 200+hp. Id like to run 7-10psi.

My BEST advice, is to read the stickies at the top of this forum. Those will tell you just about 100% of the information you need.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, October 20, 2008 7:11 PM

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Re: turbo
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 6:34 AM
you arent going to be able to run different injectors off an un-tuned computer.

you have to do SOME type of tuning.

That FMIC is WAY to big for the psi you are pushing through.

and never heard of 2 1/3" piping.
but that is also kinda large for what you are doing.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search