Suggestions and were to start - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Suggestions and were to start
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:43 PM
I would like to say Hi to everyone again as I did in my first post in the newbie sections. Now I would like to get down to Business. I just picked up a 1999 Cav. I want to either Supercharger it or Turbo charge it. I have been looking around here breifly checking out what other peolpe have done. So I am just wondering what you recomend and were to find the stuff at. Thanks in advance to all.

Re: Suggestions and were to start
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 4:53 PM
Welcome......now look through the boost facts and itll give you alot of info..
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:21 PM
ok went through the boost facts tried and checked out a few different links. Some worked some did'nt.At any rate I think for what I am looking to do I would just go Supercharger. Does anyone know of anyone on here or around that is selling a complete S/c set-up fthat would work on my 1999 cav. If not can you point me in the right direction of were to find the set-up new. As the links I couldnt get to work.Thanks again to all.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:33 PM
What engine do you have? If its the 2.2L, your SOL for the supercharger.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:08 PM
yep 2.2 it is.... ok well how bout a link for the 2.2 turbo kit? I am going to cal hahn racecraft tomorrow as well to see what they offer.they were closed already tonight. Are the 2.2 pretty much slow junk do engines or what?
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:28 PM
nope not slow..you have a few choices but just turbo the ol 2200 and call it a day .
Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:40 PM
The LN2s are tough engines, but are the hardest to make power from.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 2:19 AM
If your even going to consider the turbo kit....get the head ported as this will be the bottle neck to making power on an LN2.....

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:41 AM
Tinkles wrote:The LN2s are tough engines, but are theMOST EXPENSIVE to make power from.

fixed that....

theres tons of threads about boosting the ln2, do some searching and youll see some other good ideas to do for the motor. Some cheap, most not.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search