Pic request.. - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pic request..
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 10:33 AM
Id like to see the intakes used for your turbo setup with the compressor housing facing the driver side of the car. If possible Id like to see pics of the intake on and off the car, what you did and what you had to move around to fit it. I only have a screen on mine and I need to make an intake, but it just looks like a pita with all the hoses and all right there. I know not everyones turbo placement is exactly the same, but Id like to get some ideas.

Thanks!

Re: Pic request..
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 11:33 AM
Do you just need a shot of the intake sticking out or???

I don't have a shot of it from underneath or anything...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 12:09 PM
Id like to see how it is ran, that and a pic of it off the car would be most helpful. Also if you had to mod/move anything to fit it. It just doesnt look like much room running any piping down through there without moving some of those hoses and all that are right there.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 7:30 AM
Anyone??

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:04 AM
Here is mine, its not what you wanted. It works well though!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:41 AM
Yea doesnt help me, but I love seeing pics of that motor so doesnt matter lol... Now give me your idi cover

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:28 AM
I was thinking about mounting the turbo the other way this winter. But i have to many other projects going on to do that. I may try and find a way to get an intake up to the bumper to get some better air. Who knows what will happen! And no you can't have my idi cover I was thinking about re-creating it and doing other designs as well.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:15 AM
Mike do you need to see the pics of mine? I cant remember what I sent you a while back.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 10:19 AM
Na thanks David I got them saved, how tight of clearance did you have with it? I know you welded the 90 onto the compressor housing, no room for a 90 degree coupler?

Ive also seen many people run piping under the abs module and all the hoses right there out infront of the battery location like the hahn eco kit. Can this be done with an auto?

Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:38 AM
We wanted to limit the risk of another coupler blowing off if we put a coupler on the compressor housing. So, we figured welding a 90 on would be better.

The fittment with the heater hoses is tight, we kinda just tucked the hoses out of the way to make room for the 90.

306 TQ
Thursday, November 20, 2008 6:49 AM
Yea I know I wouldnt be able to put a straight coupler and a 90 degree pipe coming up off it cause there wouldnt be enought room, and a 90 degree coupler would prolly like crease in cause the hoses pressing on it unlike a hard pipe..if that makes any sense lol. Thats also why Id like to see pics of intakes that run under the abs and out behind the battery, not sure if the auto trans causes a problem with this.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:27 AM
Right I see what your saying about the Tranny being in the way.. But if you dont have ABS then I think it could be possible for an intake under there.

306 TQ
Tuesday, November 25, 2008 10:39 AM
Anyone else?? I guess Im gona have to break out the zipties and try to move those hoses over enough to fit a coupler on

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 6:04 PM
here is a pic of my setup.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=86491834&albumID=2118403&imageID=38741188

Enjoy life while you can, because you only have one shot. So go BIG or go home.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:46 PM

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:44 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008 6:56 AM
Thanks for the pics, and yes that setup is sexy as hell!! It does seem like the autotrans would get in the way when doing it like that, specially fitting that large of piping in there.

Does anyone know of any similar setups on an auto that people have made intakes for? Maybe some of the older members? The only one I know of so far is Davids which had a 90 welded onto the compressor inlet.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 7:32 PM
what intake manifold and tb are those?? never seen them before!!

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/
Thursday, November 27, 2008 6:54 AM
ecoweapon wrote:what intake manifold and tb are those?? never seen them before!!

Thats because you havnt seen them anywhere before.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 7:20 AM
who makes/sales them?

Thursday, November 27, 2008 7:32 AM
i made/make them, and the tb is a accufab ls1 75mm

Thursday, November 27, 2008 8:07 AM
fetter i hate you so much for posting that pic. i wish you could see it like that off the car all the time. with it on the car you cant see all of the work. sooooo amazing. congrats.

Thursday, November 27, 2008 10:25 AM
do you sell both intake and tb, or it was custom made for your car(intake mani.) only? also this is not the same set up you had when you ran an 11.9 on streetfire.net ,is it?

Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:00 PM
no i made the intake mani. and am in the process of making 2 more intakes for other org members, this setup has gone a best of 12.0 due to poor track conditions and clutch failure

Friday, November 28, 2008 5:26 PM
Boosted 2.4,
big overall difference between the manifold you made and the 2.3ho/lo manifold swap?
is the manifold you made/make street friendly or is it mostly for drag racing?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search