Sleeper turbo? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sleeper turbo?
Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:48 PM
It's been a while since I posted on here. But google can't help me here.

I saw on a TV show, called "Stacy David's Gears", a corvette they were putting twin turbo's on. Where the muffler originally was! I've always been under the impression that the closer a turbo to the ports, the better. So what do you guy's think? Let's just toy with the idea that we could route charge pipes through sideskirts, etc, etc. Too much heat loss? Not enough pressure waves? If it could be done on a J, should it?

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.

Re: Sleeper turbo?
Saturday, November 22, 2008 8:12 PM
are you talking about a remote turbo?

Saturday, November 22, 2008 8:13 PM
its been done. search on remote mount turbo systems.
Saturday, November 22, 2008 8:27 PM
Bluezip has a rear mount turbo on her car...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=152782&t=152782#152782

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, November 23, 2008 2:36 AM
Yea, he is talking about a STS turbo system.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 5:53 AM
I want to say MR. Pute had a remote setup as well at one point.......so yes It can be done...on any car with a little work.

Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:01 AM
JUCNBST wrote:I want to say MR. Pute had a remote setup as well at one point.......so yes It can be done...on any car with a little work.

if i remember right pute's went to someoen else then before they put it on it got sold to bluezip. least thats what i think she told me. and she had said it was faster then ryans which would put it over 250 to the wheels.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, November 23, 2008 8:04 PM
sndsgood wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:I want to say MR. Pute had a remote setup as well at one point.......so yes It can be done...on any car with a little work.

if i remember right pute's went to someoen else then before they put it on it got sold to bluezip. least thats what i think she told me. and she had said it was faster then ryans which would put it over 250 to the wheels.
Correct, MrPUTE originally built it. He sold it and that guy never installed it. We then bought it for the components and totally redid the whole setup.

Jason, when she told you it was faster than mine she was refering to my daily driver (2001 Z24 SC) not my turbo car . It out runs the SC car everytime with no hesitation. We have not dynoed it yet but I would say its right around the 230-240 whp mark without the spray.

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, November 23, 2008 8:08 PM
Do you own a car that is not boosted in some way or another? LOL

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Sunday, November 23, 2008 8:16 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:Do you own a car that is not boosted in some way or another? LOL
LOL, Actually I do. 95 Olds 88 LSS. Woodgrain, leather seats, windows so dark you need a flashlight to see me ...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Sunday, November 23, 2008 10:42 PM
Well I seem to behind the times. lol. Thanks for the info. I'd like to see under the hood of Bluezip's car.

Listen F***ers. FASTERTHANAHONDA is a joke because I WORK FOR HONDA. I'll talk @!#$ about Fords to, that doesn't mean I can beat a 12 second mustang.

Monday, November 24, 2008 6:01 AM
FasterthanaHonda wrote:Well I seem to behind the times. lol. Thanks for the info. I'd like to see under the hood of Bluezip's car.
Ask and you shall recieve... Its a lil older pic, but it gives you the idea...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Monday, November 24, 2008 9:51 PM
Is that nitrous I see? Lol. Awesome! I feel like on the eco, I could hollow out the stock intake plenum that sits in the TB and make it look totaly stock. That's my goal. No more tickets.

So how do you feel the colder exhaust gasses affect the spooling/peak? The STS site says the denser gas is benificial, but leaves it at that. I noticed your headers are wrapped, I feel like the whole exhaust should be.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search