intercooler mounting - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
intercooler mounting
Sunday, November 30, 2008 9:22 PM
well just as the topic states, i was wondering if i should weld my intercooler to my impact bar or use the supplied bolt holes, just seems like if i just use the bolt holes that it will move, just wanted to know what everyone on here did for their mounting.

thanks
jason

Re: intercooler mounting
Monday, December 01, 2008 3:07 AM
I would use the bolt hole and fab up mounting brackets.

FU Tuning

Monday, December 01, 2008 5:27 AM
I was lucky to have threaded holes on the top of my IC.. I just drilled down through the top of my impact bar and used long bolts to thread into my IC. That simple.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, December 01, 2008 5:36 AM
x2 bolt and brackets. that way if you hit a rock or something and puncture it you still can remove it easily. if you use lock washers and what not, it wont move...

Monday, December 01, 2008 2:05 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:I was lucky to have threaded holes on the top of my IC.. I just drilled down through the top of my impact bar and used long bolts to thread into my IC. That simple.

Same here...

Monday, December 01, 2008 7:55 PM

You can kinda see the brackets below the intercooler. Still there even though there hasnt been an IC there for close to a year.

Monday, December 01, 2008 9:32 PM
ya cool guys i ended up using a acetaline torch to "notch the core support" and make the intercooler sit up higher, and mounted it with bolts to the intercooler and used energy suspension bushings that i had left over for grommets incase it flexes and i will be making a support bracket for the lower rad support just incase, because i am paranoid because its a bell intercoolers intercooler and would have cost a buttload.

thanks for all the insight though guys!!!!!

jason

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:44 AM
and besides, you cant weld an aluminum intercooler to a steel crash bar anyways. duh.

M90'd Built LGO-15 PSI
http://webstarts.com/quadper4mance
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:42 AM
Nukkinfuttz wrote:and besides, you cant weld an aluminum intercooler to a steel crash bar anyways. duh.

sure you can, especially if using JB weld......duh

I had to hack up my front bumper something severe to get my IC to fit, and welded strips across the bottom to bolt my IC up to.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search