NEED HELP FAST! - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEED HELP FAST!
Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:06 PM
To make this short. I have a stage one hahn racecraft turbo on my 2002 eco. I have been having hell of problems with the fuel pressure. My pressure stays at 55 at idle, then WOT it goes down to 35. Also, with just running the stock pump, it hits 25psi max. I noticed something with the fuel rail today. If anyone knows. Hahn makes an adapter that comes for the 2002. In the manual it says the R outlet is for the IN on F.P.R. and the L outlet is for the OUT on the F.P.R. Makes sense so far? Now i disconnected both hoses on the adapter to the fuel rail. Turn the ignition on. Gas shoots out of the R outlet. Thats good. Suppose to be like that. I hook up the hose to the R outlet, and to the IN on the F.P.R. and then hook up the hose going OUT of the F.P.R. and turn the car on, and no gas comes out of that hose. but gas shoots out of the L outlet on the adapter. NOT SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN.

has anyone had this problem? or would anyone know what to say or do about it? Is it the adapter? Could it be the F.P.R. not allowing gas through and clogging it up.

Re: NEED HELP FAST!
Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:13 PM
Ok well im not exactly sure how there setup is... BUT,, your FPR should be on the return line only. Sounds like your putting the FPR on the fuel feed line, the line that fuel sprays out of should go directly to the fuel rail. Then the FPR is mounted to the fuel return side. Sounds like there instructions are wrong.
Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:25 PM
http://s434.photobucket.com/albums/qq69/RSnyder1113/

look at the first picture.

thats what the setup looks like. helps a little more to understand as well. If it is return line only, im not really sure why it states all this then. This is exactly how the directions tell me, and i sent Hahn the same picture and they didnt say anything about it being wrong, they actually said it was good.
Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:28 PM
explainning the picture.

The BLUE hose. is the F.P. Gauge.
The silver piece underneath it. Is the 02 Adapter from hahn racecraft themself.
The L hose, is the F.P.R. Outlet hose. goes to the back of the F.P.R. and its hard to see.
The R hose, is the F.P.R. Inlet hose. goes to the front of the F.P.R. as you can see.
The small hose coming off the top of the F.P.R. is a signal hose going to the Brass Tee for the other signal hoses.

My dad says that the F.P.Gauge is hooked up to the Gas IN hose, due to its thicker, and normally the Return lines are smaller in size.
Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:53 PM
This setup is very confusing looking. There is a fuel in on one side of the rail and fuel out on the other correct? If so the FPR should simply be run inline of the fuel return. However if you have a returnless fuel setup thats a whole different story.
Thursday, December 04, 2008 8:56 PM
Im not exactly sure . I know that the 03 - 05 it does what you say. It has it connect to the fuel rail in the return line, and then goes through the F.P.R. and then goes back to the return line to the end. Thats the 03 - 05. I dont exactly know for the 02. Its really confusing.
Thursday, December 04, 2008 9:00 PM

if this link doesnt work. this is a picture of matts 02 set up. same as mine. Mine is doing the same exact thing as well. dont know whats going on.
Thursday, December 04, 2008 9:00 PM
the only difference i see, is the way his top of the F.P.R. is sitting. thats the ONLY thing. dont know if it could do anything abou tit.
Thursday, December 04, 2008 9:20 PM
UPDATE:
I just took the F.P.R. and allt he hoses off. The hoses are clear, and regulator seems to have a open path.

I took notice, since its the adjustable F.P.R. when you turn i with the allenwrench, ive noticed that when you turn it all the way in, that the bottom piece comes out like its suppose to. Turn it back out, all the way out, and the thing still stays out and doesnt retract. Problem? Not to sure. It might retract when its together, but i highly doubt it.

Seems like possibly 2 problems here.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search