strange idle issue now - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
strange idle issue now
Friday, May 18, 2007 1:09 AM
ok let me ask this... has anyone had any issues with the car idleing after the fidanza flywheel? on my ecotec with the a/c or defrost on when i am ROLLING at like 20 mph or so i can press in my clutch ot come to a stop or what ever and some times my car will drop down to about 400 RPM pick back up to where it should(its done this since stock you know i am sure everyone elese does it just drops down pretty good and the picks back up). but some days so far 4 times it has droped down and died as soon as i press in the clutch remember i am stil rolling now... it does this mostly when i first get in the car and drive somewhere. so what could this be guys.. does everyones do this since the flywheel is so light... a firend at work said it could be because of the computer is programed to turn the heavy ass stocker and with the light one it cant recover the idle fast enough... now with the ac off the car drives and idles just fine no problems what so ever....

Re: strange idle issue now
Friday, May 18, 2007 7:51 AM
I know Ecotecs have had a similar issue in stock form. There was some ECU reflashes for it. I friend had this issue when his was stock and it kept on even with the aftermarket clutch and flywheel. Not sure how to fix it.

FU Tuning

Friday, May 18, 2007 9:12 AM
mine did this as well..i always considered it normal

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Saturday, May 19, 2007 12:28 AM
cool good to know.. it sucks but good to know.. oh btw i had the reflash done about 1.5 years ago...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search