2002 ecotec clutch problems - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 ecotec clutch problems
Monday, October 19, 2009 3:47 PM
my clutch just stopped working. pedal falls to floor no pressure whats so ever. i pulled master cylinder off and the medal are moves very freely and does not spit any fluid out at all.

then took this piece off

and to my assumtion the end off it should push out so it engauges the tranns clutch. this is the end im talking about

but it is stuck and wont budge. should it or no?

but i stuck my finger in the hole of the tranny and there is a button in there that moves.

pretty much im confused on the whole deal dont want to spend money on stuff i dont need any help with be very appreciated.

Re: 2002 ecotec clutch problems
Monday, October 19, 2009 4:00 PM
this is the picture i was talking about on the tranny the hole

Monday, October 19, 2009 7:11 PM
Those "buttons" are check valves, not unlike an airhose coupler. When you assemble the parts, the valves retract and allow fluid flow. GM did this to save time in assembly...the clutch components are all shipped "pre-bled" (fluid filled) from the manufacturers, and all they need to do on the line is click them together, no bleeding needed.

Can you tell...do you have a fluid leak somewhere? See if clutch fluid is coming out somewhere when you stroke the pedal. Let me know what you find.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Monday, October 19, 2009 8:17 PM
never seen anything leak when pressing the pedal but always was alittle dripping from t the bottom of the tranny. but when i try to bleed the line it wont. just keeps alot of air in the line. and the clutch pedal is limp.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 8:05 AM
did u sawp slave cylinder>?
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:33 AM
stephen steele wrote:never seen anything leak when pressing the pedal but always was a little dripping from the bottom of the tranny. but when i try to bleed the line it wont. just keeps alot of air in the line. and the clutch pedal is limp.

When you try to bleed, does more fluid pour out of the bottom of the transmission?

If not, and you can't find any other leaks, and you are SURE you're using the correct bleeding procedure...then the most likely item is your clutch master cylinder. The slave cylinder in the transmission is a bitch to replace, and should not be an issue if it's not leaking.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search