Clutch Flywheel kit - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch Flywheel kit
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:09 PM
I am having a hard time finding stg. 1 clutch kit with flywheel for my 04 cavalier. If anyone can help please let me know or send me website or link please Thanks!!

Re: Clutch Flywheel kit
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 6:14 PM
Save your money and buy a stock LUK replacement clutch, and a new stock flywheel. Take the flywheel to a machine shop and have them lighten it. I'm not aware of any kits that actually come with flywheels for our platform.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:12 AM
LUK > spec... stage.. all.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:32 AM
I cant seem to find a factory flywheel unless i go to chevy. Anyone know where else i can find one??
Thursday, October 29, 2009 5:27 PM
any chain parts store.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, October 30, 2009 3:25 AM
Spec makes a clutch and flywheels kit. Stage 1 is probably not worth your time. Get at least Stage 2.

FU Tuning

Friday, October 30, 2009 3:55 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:LUK > spec... stage.. all.

Chris

Thats what im doing when I replace my engine. The Spec I have now will be going away and I cant wait.

Sunday, November 01, 2009 3:32 PM
I've seen alot of negative press on the Spec units.... I have driven a Spec STG 3 and it did lack a little drive-ability but did it's job very well. I have also driven the STG 3+ and I have to say they did something right when they made the 3+ version. Very nice drive-ability, high load capacity, smooth operation, just nice. I know it seems like the thing to do to bag on them....but there is a long list of @!#$ty parts vendors in front of them, that's for sure. There are 22 pages of people running SPEC equipment and 278 "members" running a Stage Clutch, not counting cars(meaning they could have more than one car and each have a SPEC clutch).

The reason I post this is because it seems like a handful of people got burned(@!#$ty still I know, but if you do enough of anything eventually you will mess up). But I keep seing the same people running around flaming the name "SPEC"....not to mention I remember when this whole board seemed to praise their name for offering to our platform.

I'm not saying SPEC is blameless but it also seems people who are less then satisfied with SPEC and refuse to try their new equipment......shouldn't/can't say how good or not the new equipment is. I've not heard a bad thing about their "+" series yet, and I can't say anything bad either. I'm also not saying their "+" series is better than anybody else or that none of them weren't crap, but I've yet to hear a bad thing about them. I'm sure this will stir up a $hit storm, but I really do think it is unfair to take past experiences and apply them as a blanket to all of the new products without ever experiencing them.

Meh....I could be wrong.....but I thought I should post this anyway since I'm surely not the only person who has noticed this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, November 01, 2009 3:38 PM

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 5:12 PM
Owned a stage 2, driven 2 with stage 3's

Random engagement points, And seeing how they held up after 30K of use, and then seeing how my own held up after 120K of use.....

When I first started criticizing spec I got flamed.... But my opinion of them holds the same.

I would never get another one.

Ever.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, November 05, 2009 3:36 AM
I have a Spec stage 2, have about 32k on it. Still going great. Love it. Every Spec clutch I have installed on a J still going strong.

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:34 AM
The OP can also just have his stock flywheel resurfaced. This is the most economical solution.
Just pick a shop that knows how to work with "stepped flywheels" to do the resurfacing.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:37 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Owned a stage 2, driven 2 with stage 3's

Random engagement points, And seeing how they held up after 30K of use, and then seeing how my own held up after 120K of use.....

When I first started criticizing spec I got flamed.... But my opinion of them holds the same.

I would never get another one.

Ever.

Chris

Re-read my post...I'm more talking about the "+" series. I honestly do believe they gave up on the standard stage series, but the "+" is magnificently better in my experience. My experience is small, but still true to form.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Thursday, November 05, 2009 1:42 PM
No, I know what you where saying.

And if the "+" works, so be it. Just the tast in my mouth with spec... not the best.

I do hope the best for people with them, but I personaly would never tell anyone to get one.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Thursday, November 05, 2009 3:37 PM
love my spec stage 3, would buy a 3+ next time for the added holding power

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, November 09, 2009 6:09 PM
What would you do if you are almost certain there are no shops around here that would know how to lighten/resurface flywheels?

and you want a clutch that will drive as close to stock engagement as possible, but Im not gonna boost?

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:15 AM
LUK REPSET.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search