How bout them pre 2k slave cylinders - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How bout them pre 2k slave cylinders
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 11:32 AM
i wanna put up a big middle finger to these piece of @!#$s.

im bout to be putting in my 3rd one within the last couple months. shift reasonably fast and pop goes the slave.

i love my nvg trans but this slave can suck my @!#$in dick, im considering an engine swap just so i dont have to deal with this bs.

someone help me out cuz if im welding that trans mount its bye bye LD9 hello ECOtec

Re: How bout them pre 2k slave cylinders
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:00 PM
raelly? i shift quick ALL the time, and have never popped a slave.i dare say there are times my clutch action is more of a clutch kick than anything... where are you getting your cylinders? and how's your pressure plate?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, November 04, 2009 3:47 PM
Get the 1992 GTZ NVG. its a external slave.

sounds to mee like its over extending... Shifted had that problem with his F23... Never had a chance to look at it.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 4:10 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:raelly? i shift quick ALL the time, and have never popped a slave.i dare say there are times my clutch action is more of a clutch kick than anything... where are you getting your cylinders? and how's your pressure plate?

clutch, pressure plate, and slave were all brand new not too long ago, i popped a slave and decided to it was time for a new clutch so do it all.

Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Get the 1992 GTZ NVG. its a external slave.

sounds to mee like its over extending... Shifted had that problem with his F23... Never had a chance to look at it.

Chris

ya im sure it is over extending, i almost thought of putting something behind my clutch pedal so it will have some distance off the wall. idk it pisses me off that it keeps happening and i cant even keep the car on the road long enough to get some tuning and stuff figured out. everything is fine for a month or so, i drive it nice and i daily it. ive got it down at college with me and i finally find some free time to cruise with some buddies and mess with hpt and then my clutch system @!#$ up again.

Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:42 PM
wouldnt have this problem if you had an eco.
imo it sound like it is over extending, and its ripping it.
good lluck with it

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:41 PM
Matt Gorman(ECOjunkkcurse) wrote:wouldnt have this problem if you had an eco.
imo it sound like it is over extending, and its ripping it.
good lluck with it

ya idk what my issue is, i dont believe its leaking or anything, its eco time bahaha.

Friday, November 06, 2009 3:27 AM
Your issue has nothing to do with what motor you have. Are you sure you have the correct clutch, flywheel and or pressure plate?

Why not swap to a Getrag?

FU Tuning

Friday, November 06, 2009 4:23 AM
if u cant get a 92 nvg do a older tranny. it wont have the acomidation for the front nvg mount but i did a hm-282 and fabed a front mount using a fiero mount. it goes from the front sub frame to the tranny mount and over to the tranny its real solid.
Friday, November 06, 2009 11:24 AM

John Higgins wrote:Your issue has nothing to do with what motor you have.

LMFAO.....WOW, I didn't know an engine can fix a trans!?!? What a concept,.......do you think if I changed out my blinker fluid it would fix my headlight alignment too?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, November 06, 2009 4:39 PM

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Saturday, November 07, 2009 1:49 AM
Joshua Dearman wrote:

LMFAO.....WOW, I didn't know an engine can fix a trans!?!? What a concept,.......do you think if I changed out my blinker fluid it would fix my headlight alignment too?

because you change the trans when u swap to that motor.

Saturday, November 07, 2009 10:33 AM
ray gardner wrote:if u cant get a 92 nvg do a older tranny..

i thought he said he already had an nvg?
and i dont know anyone with this problem..ive had my nvg for 4 years now and ive NEVER blown a slave...if youve gone thru 3 of them there is something else afoot

Saturday, November 07, 2009 1:23 PM
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
Joshua Dearman wrote:

Yes, I know the New Venture isn't possible to fit behind an eco(different bellhousing/bolt pattern), but the way he said it made it sound like all his problems would go away....but they wouldn't, in fact they would only get worse cause then you'd have an eco...LOL -Sorry I had too.

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous
Saturday, November 07, 2009 9:26 PM
Joshua Dearman wrote:
gmanz24 (The Bash Whore) wrote:
Joshua Dearman wrote:

Yes, I know the New Venture isn't possible to fit behind an eco(different bellhousing/bolt pattern), but the way he said it made it sound like all his problems would go away....but they wouldn't, in fact they would only get worse cause then you'd have an eco...LOL -Sorry I had too.

mmmMM LD9

haha

Saturday, November 07, 2009 10:43 PM
^lol.....it's whats for dinner

Sorry about the thread jack and my lame jokes at Matt's expense. Matt, I appologize. I will now pack my $hit up and leave.....I am done here.

Hope you have better luck....I'd put a damn piece of wood behind the pedal just to stop the chronic wrench turning and go from there. See if that cures it or if it is something else.

Saturday, November 07, 2009 10:51 PM
its all good man, have to give you ld9 doods @!#$, bastards dont need no sleeves to make 500hp as the ecos do

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 9:05 AM
I'll second the Eco swap. My Isuzu slave went out on me... with the diff on it's way out next, it was cheaper (at $800) to swap to the 03 Eco and Getrag than try and find another Isuzu trans around here (most places want $1200 if it works..)

Eco's generally have fewer miles on them than the LD9's

Matt Gorman(ECOjunkkcurse) wrote:its all good man, have to give you ld9 doods @!#$, bastards dont need no sleeves to make 500hp as the ecos do

And how many 500 hp Eco's do we have on this site? Yeah...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search