Tranny question - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tranny question
Monday, November 16, 2009 8:57 PM
ok im a noob at this,im going to swap my 2.2 for hopefully a 3.8 from my uncles buick Riviera (92?) i currentally have a 2200 in my cavalier, can i still use the 2200 tranny with the 3.8?

and after that im going to convert it to a manual, what kind of tranny will i need? or will i need both engine and tranny,

and what kind of parts will i need

ive used the search button, nothing answered my question, i know how to swap, my friends dad is going to help with the fabrication stuff

Re: Tranny question
Tuesday, November 17, 2009 12:17 PM
2.2 ,2200 ,2.8 ,3.1 ,3100 ,3400, 3500, and 3.8 all share the same bell housing pattern so it will fit. im assuming u can weld because the 3.8 is not a bolt in swap so will also need to weld in mounts for ur manual swap. it depends on the tranny u want to use. u can use the isuzu from a 95-99 2.2 cav or a getrag from a 00+ 2.2 cav. the mounts for the two r diffrent so get the mounts for the tranny u want to use. search auto to manual swap and getrag swap for more info. the getrag is also said to be stronger. u could also use a f40 from a pontiac g6 but it hasent been done in a cav b4 just grand ams, and fieros. or a hm282 from a 94 or older z24 wich is prob the strongest but completly custom.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search