Guage Overlay - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Guage Overlay
Saturday, March 18, 2006 5:55 PM
I just got a red guage overlay for my 04 cavy. Everything went well except I couldn't get the needles off. I was just wondering if anyone could give me some know how so I can get them off.

Re: Guage Overlay
Saturday, March 18, 2006 11:46 PM
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT TAKE OFF YOUR NEEDLES!!!
you'll ruin the cluster. you have to slide it over the needles. put them all straight up at 90 degrees then slide it over the needles very carefully.

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:02 AM
Thanks
Sunday, March 19, 2006 12:53 PM
It doesn't ruin your cluster! IT IS A MYTH!!

Next time you start youir car youi will notice that your needles drop before going up!! That's because they are resetting!! Usually when you buy a new overlay it should come with a tool to take off your needles!! A fork will due though if you didn't get the tool.
Sunday, March 19, 2006 1:43 PM
^^^^ wrong wrong wrong! it does mess the cluster up! you can not fix them ive done my research on them i know how they work! It deals with a seal stopping the curent from flowing though the motor onto the next one... once that pin pulls out bye bye seal... and creates a short witch in turn the motor doesn't work! So once the pin comes out of the motor say bye bye to that motor!

Sunday, March 19, 2006 8:02 PM
rawkfist wrote:^^^^ wrong wrong wrong! it does mess the cluster up! you can not fix them ive done my research on them i know how they work! It deals with a seal stopping the curent from flowing though the motor onto the next one... once that pin pulls out bye bye seal... and creates a short witch in turn the motor doesn't work! So once the pin comes out of the motor say bye bye to that motor!

thank you!!!!

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search