Can't find the right guages overlays - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can't find the right guages overlays
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:24 PM
I've been on eBay, CarDomain, google, ask.com, I find everything BUT what I want. I want the white-face, reverse glow guges for a 95-99 Cavalier, 5-spd WITH tach. And I want the end pieces for the warning lights too. I've found without tach, I've found for automatics, I've found for 2000 and up, and 94 and earlier. I've found the retarded flamed ones, and all the other stuff. Where am I going wrong here?

Oh, and one other thing, the trim piece that goes around the guages and the radio seems to have sagged above the guages. Is that common and how can I fix it?

Re: Can't find the right guages overlays
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:39 PM
if it's a 95-99 z24 then maybe drjracing.com can help you out... i duno maybe you've been there already but just in case-

http://www.drjracing.com/Gauges.html

My "Z-Wannabe"

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 2:46 PM
It's an RS. Is there a difference in guages between the RS and the Z? I thought the interior was the same except for the seats and door cloth.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:38 PM
hey i had a similar question and someone pointed me to blackcatcustom.com they have what your lookin for and you can even personalize them if you wanted to. i was really impressed with there work they do a great job and have one for about every J that there is so go check them out.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:49 PM
i had the same problemw hen i first got my Z.. so i settled for the ALL glowing gauges then later i came across a set one ebay. just look harder they pop up on there so often maybe in a 2 week span you can find a set with a BIN. youll find one man i did

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:50 PM
you have an RS with a tach?? is that stock or did someone put a Z/LS cluster in there or do they have a tach..lol i never knew that

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 10:03 PM
the RS came with a tach like the Zs did, and the auto RS came with the Z24 4 speed trans but bolted up to a 2.2 i believe. i say spend the extra cash and go to blackcat custom and get one they are far superior than the ebay ones, and you can get them any way you want!!!!

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Friday, March 24, 2006 11:38 AM
no, the 5 speed dont have the gear indicator on the cluster like the autos do
these are my gauges that are in my blue Z notice the gear indicator at the bottom underneith the speedo, the 5 speeds dont have that, my friend a 97 5 speed Z and it doesnt have the gear indicator.

Friday, March 24, 2006 11:48 AM
these ones were almost close to being what you needed, but since you have a 97 your tripometer is seperate from your odometer. these gauges are meant for some 5 speed 98s and all 5 speed 99 Z24/RS cavs which has the trip/odometer in one digital display. instead of the seperate ones like the 95-97and some 98s. these

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search