SUNFIRE Gauge Lights - - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SUNFIRE Gauge Lights -
Saturday, July 28, 2007 8:12 AM
Ok so I put a SUNFIRE cluster in my Cavi for the red color. Well, I really like the layout, but I want to change the color. Is the red from bulbs or overlay? can you change the colors? I have done color changes on a CAVI

Re: SUNFIRE Gauge Lights -
Saturday, July 28, 2007 8:46 AM
The red color on the Sunfire gauge cluster comes from the gauge overlay itself, not the bulbs.

Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:29 PM
Yup it is a film under the layout. Problem though.... since you say you have an 05 in your profile I assume, it will be a pita to change the color if you don't know what you are doing. It entails pulling apart the cluster. Removing the needles, which if not done right the first time will ruin the cluster all together. Removing the film, de-soldering the current bulbs and soldering in either new colored bulbs of LEDS.

It can be done, has been done, but will take time and not really recommended if you don't know what you are doing or afraid to mess it all up.

I suggest contacting Alex at Blackcatcustom. He can do the conversion for you or change the bulbs. If you want he'll get you a new cluster or you can send him yours. Give him a call because his email is always flooded and will end up with him responding slower to your order/inquire.

Black Cat Custom

We did my custom "GXP Conversion" gauges about 2 years ago, they still work, no problems, and I love them.

Saturday, July 28, 2007 4:11 PM
I have changed the color on several 2003-2005 Cavi with out changing the bulbs. I know how to pull the needles off and get them back on correctly. I have just not pulled the Sunfire apart, as of yet.

BLACKCAT is not the only choice for this project. I am tired of always hearing they are the only ones. US (J-BODY owners) are very capable of doing it.

RobMan 41 - Project GXP wrote:Yup it is a film under the layout. Problem though.... since you say you have an 05 in your profile I assume, it will be a pita to change the color if you don't know what you are doing. It entails pulling apart the cluster. Removing the needles, which if not done right the first time will ruin the cluster all together. Removing the film, de-soldering the current bulbs and soldering in either new colored bulbs of LEDS.

It can be done, has been done, but will take time and not really recommended if you don't know what you are doing or afraid to mess it all up.

I suggest contacting Alex at Blackcatcustom. He can do the conversion for you or change the bulbs. If you want he'll get you a new cluster or you can send him yours. Give him a call because his email is always flooded and will end up with him responding slower to your order/inquire.

Black Cat Custom

We did my custom "GXP Conversion" gauges about 2 years ago, they still work, no problems, and I love them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search