New car... bye bye Z - Other Cars Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New car... bye bye Z
Friday, April 01, 2011 5:59 PM
Well, the time came and I had to buy a new car. The Z spun a rod bearing and I really didn't feel like fixing her... We had a rough couple months. I got in an accident, had to throw the stock wheels back on her and had a black bumper and fender because I was in the processing of fixing her. Oh, she also had a horrible oil leak that I couldn't pinpoint and a cracked radiator... I was getting really tired of trying to fix her especially cuz of the mileage. I ended up trading her in.

Last pics of the cav.

Day I traded her.

New car, 2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I had to get her tinted already... Couldn't stand clear windows.

Overall I'm impressed. It's the automatic CVT transmission with paddle shifters. Bluetooth hands free, steering wheel controls, power everything, and suede interior. Or at least fake suede lol. I like it a lot.

Re: New car... bye bye Z
Friday, April 01, 2011 6:02 PM
Nice purchase overall! The CVT transmissions tend to make the engine growl like crazy though.

Have fun with the new ride.
Friday, April 01, 2011 6:35 PM
i have been meaning to drive one of these. everyone who has one seems to love it. Although I cannot understand the shifters for a CVT! There are no ratios to switch between and the software should be optimized for performance/fuel economy dependent on throttle %age so it's just for illusion purposes. either way enjoy you purchase.

Friday, April 01, 2011 7:15 PM
Test drove an 07, I HATED the cvt, it was a dog and the shifts were random and bizarre.

Friday, April 01, 2011 8:22 PM
That is a pretty nice package you bought.Guess this must be buy a new time I just bought a 11 civic sedan this wk myself.Its under the title 24 yrs later.I got a auto as well.

Friday, April 01, 2011 8:24 PM
I like the pick up man. Congrats!

Friday, April 01, 2011 9:09 PM
For the most part. I like it.

Saturday, April 02, 2011 3:49 AM
Thanks guys. Oh, and it has the 2.4L MIVEC engine, rated at 168hp, and the front strut bar. One of the things I really love about this car is the way it corners.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:31 AM
Brocklanders wrote:Test drove an 07, I HATED the cvt, it was a dog and the shifts were random and bizarre.

I drove an 09 and it was fine. I never noticed the problem that you had as my CVT never shifted once the whole 2000kms I drove it, as it didn't have any gears to shift. I thought it was kind of cool actually, sort of like driving an automatic four wheeler or a snowmobile, as they are a similar design. I also did not find the car was a dog, it wasn't really fast, but it was peppy.

The CVT was cool, put it to the floor and the car accelerates to redline (or approximately) and stays there until you let off. Although I do enjoy shifting gears, the idea of a CVT would be much better for racing provided it was designed well and could withstand high amounts of power.

My impressions of the Lancer I drove was you would be hard pressed to find a better new car for the amount of money.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:36 AM
Nice man, curious. How much they give you for your trade?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 6:56 PM
Nice upgrade! Enjoy it and Im with you on the tinted windows.

"Remember do what you like because you have to drive it."--Me

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:31 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Nice man, curious. How much they give you for your trade?

Eh, considering the engine issues and what not, $1200. Half the interior was gone to as I was redoing it lol. Was just fed up with the car... If I had the stock manifold I woulda took off the blower but I really just said eff it.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 11:16 PM
Not bad. I was considering one, but the dealer here is horrible to deal with, so I had to pass on anything from Subaru or Mitsubishi.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, April 06, 2011 8:27 PM
Nice....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search