5 speed stuck in 1st?? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
5 speed stuck in 1st??
Tuesday, December 14, 2010 3:55 PM
1995ohv with the isuzu manual transmission just turn over 100k miles, the weather is very cold out if that makes a difference. Here's the problem and let me say, every other gear seems to be fine, no grinding or anything, goes into gear fine BUT when i press the clutch to shift, the car acts like i pressed the cluch like it doesn't bump around as if i just got off the gas in first, but anyways I press the clutch to shift, i pull on the shifter and it doesn't wanna come out for maybe 5 second and when i does "let go" i hear a slight "click" noise right under the shifter(inside the car) like it's getting stuck to something or something is in the way, sounds like metal tapping metal kinda, not a harsh noise, just a little click, and there is no noises outside the car. Other then that problem, everything has been great, no grinds, goes into all gears nicely, just gets sorta stuck in 1st....Any ideas? BTW this is not all the time, but it does happen 2 or 3 times from driving to work from my house which is about 8 miles, car warm or cold, this happens randomly.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search