Will Cavaliers be valuable down the road? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Will Cavaliers be valuable down the road?
Friday, April 17, 2020 5:16 AM
It might sound silly, but people said 1960s Mustangs would be worthless down the road due to their having been millions of them manufactured.

Now, I get that those cars were more quality-made than the plasticy Cavalier, but my question stands: Do you think, 20, 30, 40+ years from now, if you have a stick-shift Cavalier (or even an automatic) that it could actually go UP in value?

Re: Will Cavaliers be valuable down the road?
Monday, May 04, 2020 4:12 AM
There is an old saying; If it was popular in its day,,, it will be again. Years ago, few ever thought the GTO, Chevelle, or even Grand Prix would ever be worth much. Try to buy a decent one now.

There is a good chance some Z24's may go up someday. The supply is very low, after cash for clunkers destroyed so many. I'm keeping all of my 2nd gens, but not because I think they may be worth big money, just because they are the last of the cars that have features I want, without all the crap I don't want. I tell people, 1994 is my cut off date. I don't want anything newer. So, even if they went through the roof some day, I'd probably still keep them.
Monday, May 04, 2020 9:19 AM
I think it is based on nostalgia. If people have disposable income and a yearning for a car from their youth then they will hold some value. However, this will need to balanced by the cost of restoration. Look at bring a trailer. People buy (and spend more than I ever thought they would) on all sorts of weird cars.
Tuesday, July 07, 2020 11:55 PM
Well, with Radwood getting more popular every day, I can see some comeback ... :-)

You won’t see big money- but old timers or folks that simply like the style well pick em up...

Seen a few 1st gens creeping toward 4-5k. They are getting quite rare now......

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Wednesday, July 08, 2020 6:25 AM
Occasionly I will be crusing around and see an old 60s compact car - convertibles, coupes, four doors and I'm like what is that?...... I wonder if a cav would have that effect down the road?

Maybe a mint manual Z24 will hold the highest value?
Tuesday, August 04, 2020 7:52 AM
I hope so. As long as its well maintained, I guess.
Tuesday, August 04, 2020 8:33 AM
I was watching this oldie on eBay and not only was his reserve not met, but he didn't even get a bid (you might have to log into eBay to go to the "finished" auctions to see it). 1987 Z24 v6 with stick shift:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Chevrolet-Cavalier-Z24-/274434734584?nma=true&si=roax%252BVAwJrkLKdPwGgMlb3d3Ajo%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search