Tsudo Header Who has them and how do you feel about it?? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tsudo Header Who has them and how do you feel about it??
Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:39 PM
Just wondering who has a tsudo 4:2:1 header and what you think of them as a whole. Who has had problems and what are they. Are they worth the money?? Anyone have any info on how much hp gains are received from them. Lets see some pics and here the stories guys.

Re: Tsudo Header Who has them and how do you feel about it??
Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:40 PM
I forgot to put for the 2.2 ecotec

Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:41 PM
Buy USA made and get a Pacesetter....

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:56 PM
pshh sure makes the easy install hahah but i like mine for the looks when they see them up there at the vavlecover people drool lol. like i said only issue ive had in two years of them is my middle gaskets cooked but they were cheap. few bucks i got amazing gaskets and are perfect. and they look like the day i got them. i spurged and got ceramice coat hehehehe. LoVE them hands down. ull like.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 9:38 PM
thats got to be the first good review i have heard...i have not seen the ceramic coating on Tsudos yet...
but i have been told that a great rout would be the LSJ SS header (pacesetter ceramic)...it has larger primaries than the one made for the L61 (1.75 compared to 1.5) and all you need to do is have the shop you have install it fab up the DP.

as much as i like how the Tsudo header looks i have heard too many complaints and problems and im not one to install something only to have to make a hobby out of upkeeping it.

Thursday, February 11, 2010 9:45 PM
main ones i heard were the 4-2 gasket. few dollar fix no big deal. and getting them in there. not really that hard. lol. ill try take a pic this week im doing somthing so ill beable to take a pic of them if i remember. but yea i like them they work fine for me. u gotta fig there are 3 pices to them where as the pace is one peice so its like comparing peanutbutter to jelly doesnt work each will have their own unique good and bad lol

Thursday, February 11, 2010 9:50 PM
I had one and I loved the performance gain, especially at lower RPM.
Eventually i replaced it with the ceramic coated Pacesetter.
The Tsudo had warped flanges at the 4-2 junction. Couldn't get it to stop leaking.

Someday I might have a machine shop plane the surfaces and reinstall it.
Installation and removal are not a fun task with this header.

The Pacsetter is a much easier install. The powerband is a little higher, so the low end pull you get with the Tsudo is missing. Not a big issue unless the car has an automatic transmission.

If you get the Pacesetter definitely get the ceramic coating. If you get the Tsudo check and/or have the flanges machined.

Good luck!
Friday, February 12, 2010 6:08 AM
I have one and love it, my 4-2 flange was warped pretty bad so before initial installation, i did lot of grinding and filing and put high heat copper rtv on either side of the gasket , no leaks for 2 years now, others have not been as lucky, but have maybe not taken the time to get the flanges flat before installing either.
Friday, February 12, 2010 5:58 PM
pictures anyone??

Friday, February 12, 2010 10:35 PM
i can get one either when i dig her out of 3ft of snow or when i go to doo my motor work i wanna do. either way hopin to know by tues lol.

Monday, February 15, 2010 11:36 AM
ive had one for 2 years and i love the way it looks. its kind of a bitch to install because its not a direct bolt on and its hard to fit into the engine bay but a shop can easily do it or if you have a wlder you can do it your self. also ive never had problems with it leaking. i just covered the 4-2 flange with RTV black and the bottom one too and havnt had any problems. I made 218 on it and ive seen people making simmilar power with the same setup and different headers so it performs fine.

Pics:

side shot

as you see especially in the last pic the shine has started to go away but i guess i could always get it recoated. I think its worth it thou

CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/id/TMald123

Monday, February 15, 2010 12:23 PM
To bad you didnt need this for a 2.4 cuz i have a pacesetter header with magnaflow cat for 100 bucks.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:11 PM
I'll take the header and cat, pm me

...you want a pic, then help me build something worth taking a pic of....
Friday, February 19, 2010 10:14 PM
I've had 3 problems with my Tsudo header: 1. blew a hole through my power steering line....but I should have noticed that on install
2. 4-2 leak....but machined flanges will fix that
3. Rubs against the subframe right on the flex pipe.... nothing a little grinding can't fix

Overall I am pleased with the header, but from what I've heard the Pacesetter is easier install and has less issues.

I think it's really a question of what kind of performance you want, and what direction you want to take your build.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:34 PM
from my experience...
if you want a simple easy install with very minimal problems.. go pacesetter..

orrrr

if you want to save money buy the tsudo but be very ready to do whatever it takes to get it not to leak and yes it does rub on the subframe.. so if your willing to work on it then go this route..

i had the tsudo for a little but but switched to the pacesetter. and im much happier now! and thats why there is still to this day a tsudo header in my dads shed! haha

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:07 PM
i bought my tsudo knowing about the flange issues and all i did was grind down where they met and mine was fine. and if i remeber correctly the tsudo has the biggest runners you can get. i noticed gains from mine also and looooooved how it looked especially after it got the purplish gold tint going on. im turbod now tho so if anyone is interested in a tsudo cheap pm me

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:03 PM
bluedriftcavy(a.k.a. wayne) wrote:pshh sure makes the easy install hahah but i like mine for the looks when they see them up there at the vavlecover people drool lol. like i said only issue ive had in two years of them is my middle gaskets cooked but they were cheap. few bucks i got amazing gaskets and are perfect. and they look like the day i got them. i spurged and got ceramice coat hehehehe. LoVE them hands down. ull like.
got any pics yet? i wanna see the ceramic coating, also where did you find the gaskets.

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:11 PM
gaskets were found at advanced auto for some change.

part number and skuu.

this hhas worked for me and i gave the numbers to some others and they found them too. really cheap fix

Im goonna go out and get picks in a few n post up in a bit the car has been buried under 30+ inches of snow sooo hard to get too lol.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:14 PM
Pacesetter LSJ header hands down. Especially is you are gonna boost with the M62.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 1:52 PM
Never had a problem with my Tsudo at all install was a pain. No rubbing on the subframe, no warped flanges, no pproblems with grinding down studs. Now over time the flange showed signs of faatigue with me constanly pulling it on anf off so I had another one welded on, Flex pipe ended up shearing off the header so we made a new collector for it.
Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:30 AM

These are what are on my 2.4 as we speak they are ceramic coated and love them. excuse the mess shes been sitting for a while in storage. i had to relocate the cruise control module since it bolted to the fire wall there. and the one line im making a relocate bracket for but its fine for me now soo.

Thursday, February 25, 2010 9:53 AM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:Buy USA made and get a Pacesetter....

x2.

I learned the hard way. I bought the tsudo off some member on j-body for $75 that was never used. Come to find out every flange was warped. Bad. I had a local machinist plane all the flanges for me. That cost 150.00. Easy part of the install was getting the header in the engine bay. Hardest part was getting to all the nuts to tighten em down. On the passenger side there is a nut on top that I could only get a open end on it and turn it like a 1/4 turn at a time. That took forever. Then I had to unloom the o2 wires to get more slack because the o2 now sits further down. What you get from china is junk like said a million times before. For the money I had spent, I would of gotten a pacesetter or something better. Heres another alternative that I have found and waiting for some feedback on http://www.shiny-hiney.com/header.html. I have emailed this company to find out more specs like, is it made in the USA first of all, collector size, bolt pattern difference, and any other differences between the three that they offer. It should be a direct bolt on to stock exhaust. But to get the most out of it, if the collector is 2.5 or 3in, then you will need a flange and some mandrel bends for a custom down pipe.

Save your money. It might be worth something someday.

Saturday, October 30, 2010 2:27 PM
thoes headers fit the 2.4 twin cam did u recut the bolt holes to make it fit might buy some for my 2.3
Monday, November 01, 2010 8:37 AM
I have the Weapon R 4-2-1 header which is virtually the same thing. I had mine ceramic coated and it was previously used. I had no gaskets as it was used so used a factory gasket up top and made my own gaskets from material I bought from Jegs for the rest.

Other than the pain in the ass it was (actually only took about 30 mins to figure out how) to get the header in the right position, I have zero complaints. The gain overall is good, looks are killer and fitment (once in) is fine.

I don't rub anywhere nor do I touch the sub frame at all. I recommend this over the pace setter any day all day.

Monday, November 01, 2010 11:46 AM
had that damn tsudo header and it was PITA, i for the life of me could figure out how to get all the bolts in the head, the one runner was in the way. it leaked from the head no matter what, i switched to the pacesetter and i am happy..

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search