quick le5 mani swap question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick le5 mani swap question
Friday, February 12, 2010 10:31 AM
Now when i install me LE5 manifold. What all needs to be modified on the mani itself. Vacuum lines?

15.0 @ 90mph with only a intake and exhaust.

Re: quick le5 mani swap question
Friday, February 12, 2010 10:36 AM
The manifold does not need any modifications.

The brake booster line does however.

Also, you will need an adaptor plate to bolt a L61 TB to that manifold (assuming you didn't buy the kit from CED).

Friday, February 12, 2010 10:43 AM
I bought the adapter kit from them when i got the mani. I have all neccesary parts. Just need install guidance. What needs to be chnged with the brake booster

Friday, February 12, 2010 4:07 PM
The stock brake booster hose will not fit, its too short.

The LE5 manifold has the brake booster nipple in a different location than the stock one.

Friday, February 12, 2010 5:13 PM
Sweet. That isnt bad

Sunday, February 14, 2010 8:36 AM
also the le5 manifold has no vac ports. I chose to get a vacuum manifold from 42 draft designs

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, February 15, 2010 2:03 AM
When i had mine I added a vac port to the #4 cylinder runer , and i cut the included brake booster and a stock jbody one roughly in half and used a barbed male/male fitting to join the two halves. Oh and how i added the vac port was I went to home depot and got a 1/2 ntp thread to 1/4 male barb fitting. Then I cut the treads off the fitting so there were only like 2 threads left. Then i cut a hole in the runner and placed the ntp/barbed fitting in the runner and j/b welded it in and then sanded it down. Then sprayed a flat black paint on the manifold and I was good to go.

Monday, February 15, 2010 9:44 AM
Ill probably make my own fitting in the manifold. Going to work on that this week here, do you have pics of what you did?

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:58 AM
I'll see what I can dig up, if I have any I will post.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:38 PM
Silly question maybe but necessary to have a vacuum line port? Will i just run rich if I don't have one or can that be adjusted by tuning OR does that not even make sense? lol... I'm also right there, ready for install. Did you get bigger injectors? I definitely need them. Look into it if you didn't.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:21 PM
i got some stage 2 lsj injectors. I am sure they will be way more than plenty.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:01 AM
Ok, you will be one Vac line short with the LE5 mani - just get a vaccuum Tee and your good. I tee'd the FPR and emissions junk together to the one port on the LE5 mani. You should have gotten extra brake booster line and a coupler with the kit

On the TB adapter plate, you will need to make a hole where the idle air control valve is on the L61 TB, otherwise your idle will be wack. Remember the kit was designed for cobalts with ETC - no IAC valves

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:12 AM
oldskool wrote:Ok, you will be one Vac line short with the LE5 mani - just get a vaccuum Tee and your good. I tee'd the FPR and emissions junk together to the one port on the LE5 mani. You should have gotten extra brake booster line and a coupler with the kit

On the TB adapter plate, you will need to make a hole where the idle air control valve is on the L61 TB, otherwise your idle will be wack. Remember the kit was designed for cobalts with ETC - no IAC valves

The FPR on my car had a vac line coming off the stock airbox over the TB, which has little to no vaccum.

I have it hooked up now to my AEM intake.

So I was not short a vaccum line, the car idles at the correct AFR (14.7), as confirmed by my wideband.

My car is an '05, so I'm not sure if this is different in other years.

Like oldskool said tho, you will have to modify the TB adaptor to allow for the IAC port.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:28 AM
if someone had a picture of an adapter plate with a ruler next to it that would make my day.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Thursday, March 04, 2010 4:37 PM
lol.. ME TOO. Any pics of the vacuum line Tee's?

Monday, April 19, 2010 6:20 PM
Anyone? Oldskool take a picture for me man?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search