Rod Bearings - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rod Bearings
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:34 PM
as you know i have an engine with a spun bearing, Orelly's offers a stock replacement for 40bucks. what im needing to know is will i spin another bearing if i just replace a stock with a stock or is there anyone that makes a better aftermarket bearing?

my goals for my swap is 300whp

Thanks

Re: Rod Bearings
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:47 PM
do u have a part number for them for it im in the same boat.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:55 PM
Josh wrote:as you know i have an engine with a spun bearing, Orelly's offers a stock replacement for 40bucks. what im needing to know is will i spin another bearing if i just replace a stock with a stock or is there anyone that makes a better aftermarket bearing?

Thanks
As I stated before in your other thread, I am not trying to be a d!ck, but you should not be messing with this. You need to start by asking yourself, "why did I spin a bearing?" Next you need to repair the cause of failure. Also, how does the crank look... Get the picture?

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 9:01 PM
QWK LN2 (aka ImPhat0260) wrote:
Josh wrote:as you know i have an engine with a spun bearing, Orelly's offers a stock replacement for 40bucks. what im needing to know is will i spin another bearing if i just replace a stock with a stock or is there anyone that makes a better aftermarket bearing?

Thanks
As I stated before in your other thread, I am not trying to be a d!ck, but you should not be messing with this. You need to start by asking yourself, "why did I spin a bearing?" Next you need to repair the cause of failure. Also, how does the crank look... Get the picture?

i got this engine from the swap i did on my wifes friends car, she spun the bearing, follow my post before "trying to not look like a d!ck"?

4-4790P is the part number

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 4:25 AM
Josh wrote:

Thanks

i got this engine from the swap i did on my wifes friends car, she spun the bearing, follow my post before "trying to not look like a d!ck"?

4-4790P is the part number
Yeah, I followed your previous thread.... It made me concerned because you could not figure out out how to get the main caps off to get the crank out... You still need to ask yourself the other questions I mentioned..... Then and only then will the question you asked be able to be answered....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:06 AM
why do any of the LD9's spin bearings?

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 6:39 AM
when u broke mine gm had a post out on premature failure at higher rpms. yet mine went cruisn down a 35. i never beat on mine yet bought with 64k on it so idk who owned it or what happened prior. it was sooooo close to being a recall but just ended up a service advisory when mine went i herd of about at least 9 others all with in the same month and at all kinds of miles like one only had 3?,000 on his

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:11 AM
This one i got was from a 16year old girl who didn't do oil changes untill 6k miles and always ran it low on oil. i've been told these LD9s are very bitchy if they don't have enough oil in them.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:50 AM

Thanks

Listen to Ryan. Take your crank to a shop so they can properly inspect it. You will most likely need it turned, which means you'll need oversized bearings.

I have no signiture
Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:58 AM
josh looks like u figd ur answer lol. i had to change the oil for a coworker on her 2001 cavy(2200) and she was like oil change?? u need to do that i was like yes when did u get it done last she was like when i bought it. i looked at the odom it had 27,900 miles on the factory shipped oil. this was like gooo coming out. i was almost afraid to put new in it might of killed it hahahaha. it was baddd.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:59 AM
is this a 2200? the bearings fail at higher rpm because the clearance is to tight, we spun bearings in teh race car all the time until we open the clearence up on all the rod bearings .0008-.0015 is great for 200,000 miles but not for 6500 RPM

in the end it will prob be cheaper to buy a crank kit from a parts store, i know advance auto has them for like $200 with crank, rod and main bearings

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:16 AM
no were talking about the 2.4

im taking it to a machine shop after i get off work today to get the crank inspected. i don't think there would be any damage because as soon as it happend she shut it off and never turned it over again. but then again its better to be safe then spin another bearing.

back to the OT will stock's handel 300whp? non NA

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 11:23 AM
i would get clevite tri metal they are a very good bearing. the crank should be checked as any nick at all in the surface will ruin the engine
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search