Tsudo 4-2-1 header - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tsudo 4-2-1 header
Friday, February 26, 2010 4:30 PM
Ok I am new to all of this, but bought the tsudo header before I found this site and all the complaints with it. With this should I just return the thing as soon as it comes in and buy a pacesetter header instead? I have a full magna flow cat back system coming also. Where is the best place to get a polished pacesetter header if that is what I decide to do? Any issues with those with leaking or flanges or anything?

Re: Tsudo 4-2-1 header
Friday, February 26, 2010 4:48 PM
I don't know if you should necessarily go to that extent. I would wait and see how the header looks. I have one that i just installed on my eco swap and had a couple of issues, nothing a few new gaskets and a little bit of welding couldn't fix. I would take a good look at it when you get it and see. If it looks warped and what not then i guess its up to you but it looks damn cool on the car when its in. It depends on what you want. The only problem i had with my header was with the flex pipe. It wasn't welded completely to the flange almost like it was the last one made of the day and they didn't finish it. But like i said it wasn't anything a tig couldn't fix. I love the look and the sound and it is a good header for low end with the long runners. Really it all depends on your ability to fix the couple little things that are wrong. If you do run it i would suggest getting those new gaskets for the 4 to 2 part. here is what they look like on my car.

Friday, February 26, 2010 5:02 PM
Well i can't return it so I am going to get all of the flanges machined and any other issues fixed while I am at it.

Where can I get some new gaskets that aren't paper? I don't want to have to do this installation twice if I don't have to.
Friday, February 26, 2010 5:02 PM
Well i can't return it so I am going to get all of the flanges machined and any other issues fixed while I am at it.

Where can I get some new gaskets that aren't paper? I don't want to have to do this installation twice if I don't have to.
Friday, February 26, 2010 6:33 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=448855&t=448855 go to this thread and scroll down there is a pic of the style gasket i used. I went to part source with the 4 to 2 gasket that came with the header and asked if they had a gasket that was the same diameter hole with the solid metal ring on the interior like the one in the pic

Monday, March 08, 2010 6:26 AM
Well after having my mechanic/mufler guy look at the header he said he will not install it because he isn't sure if it won't leak. I have contacted the place where I bought them and we shall see what happens.

Guess I will be going with the black pacesetter header. Only question is why doesn't this thing come with a flex section?
Monday, March 08, 2010 1:15 PM
It comes with a "ball and socket" which works well, if need be you can always cut this section out and weld in a stainless steel braided flex if you wish.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, March 08, 2010 3:52 PM
John W wrote:Well after having my mechanic/mufler guy look at the header he said he will not install it because he isn't sure if it won't leak. I have contacted the place where I bought them and we shall see what happens.

Guess I will be going with the black pacesetter header. Only question is why doesn't this thing come with a flex section?

since you wont be using that header, ill take it off your hands

Monday, March 08, 2010 6:49 PM
If anyone is really interested I will sell it for $190 for it shipped. I will lost about $20 on shipping, but someone might want the headaches.
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:56 AM
ive had mine for over a year now and besides some discoloration i can honestly say ive had 0 problems with it.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 10:08 AM
John W wrote:
Guess I will be going with the black pacesetter header.

Dont. It'll last only a year or two. Get the Armour Coated one, it lasts alot longer.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search