LD9 LSJ Injector Swap Question - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LD9 LSJ Injector Swap Question
Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:00 PM
so im supposed to slot the two holes that bolt the rail to the head... ok... how mandatory is this on an RK Rail?

Re: LD9 LSJ Injector Swap Question
Friday, February 26, 2010 11:46 AM
can't say for sure on a aftermarket rail, but would assume yes.

FU Tuning

Friday, February 26, 2010 5:08 PM
pretty sure youre still gonna have to slot them

after i talked to john a bit i ended up doing mine then did a little write up, its over on quad4forums

heres a link for ya

http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17743

Eat my shift
Friday, February 26, 2010 5:23 PM
i read that actually... i think i just need to mock it up and see how much needs to be slotted...

the thing that threw me off
Quote:

first to start off i did this on my 2001. it has the high impedence (skinny) injectors.

You can put low impedance (peak and hold) injectors in a high impedance (saturated) system (you just need to use a resistor box, if you don't you WILL burn up your ECU),

high impedence injectors came on the 1999.5 cavaliers (no EGR)
does this mean the LSJ injectors are low impedance?

also i cant see how the metal clips attach to the RK rail... but i guess i'll mock it up tomorrow and post up tomorrow after noon with any more questions

once the rail is modded, is it possible to run stock injectors still or is that a done deal?

Friday, February 26, 2010 7:40 PM
LSJ injectors are high impedance. You can still run stock size injectors after the rail is modified. This just allows the rail to mount further down for shorter injectors.

FU Tuning

Saturday, February 27, 2010 2:18 PM
this is my current issue...

i know the pics are crappy but i don't see how to attach the metal clips to the rk rail... any suggestions.

Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:17 PM
lose the clips, when you mount the rail to the head it will keep the injectors from going anywhere. you still need to slot the rail.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Saturday, February 27, 2010 4:53 PM
Use the stock clips, but make grooves on the injectors for them. I and others have done this with no issues.

FU Tuning

Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:22 AM
at first i just flipped the clips the otherway/upside down so that it helps the injectors sit perpendicular to the rail better

ive had my rail on and off a few times and eventually just decided to lose the clips completely. the injectors sit in there fine, dont spin or even move at all. so the clips are up to you

Eat my shift
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search