TTR Manifold - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TTR Manifold
Friday, October 09, 2015 2:03 PM
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5340&idcategory=523

So can someone explain this to me, what exactly does this do? I know it replaces the plastic air manifold the throttle body is attached to. For some reason this isn't clicking in my head, anyone able to post photos of one installed? I do not like that plastic manifold at all and was looking for alternatives thinking I could remove it like you would the air box to make way for a wai or cai. Apologies if this has been answered or if this post makes anyone of you facepalm but it just isn't clicking so I am just sitting here going wut.

Re: TTR Manifold
Friday, October 09, 2015 3:46 PM
As you said it replaces the stock manifold.

Usually for a Turbo setup.

FU Tuning

Friday, October 09, 2015 4:14 PM
Can it be used for a naturally aspirated setup and then later converted to a turbo? Like could I install it and attach a short ram intake to it or something? I would love to see a photo of one installed to see how it is setup turbo or not
Friday, November 06, 2015 7:17 AM
would be useless to do that unless you were building up as n/a.

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Friday, November 06, 2015 10:07 AM
Even then the manifold will most likely cause you to lose power because it isnt designed to be ran N/A.

Friday, November 06, 2015 11:15 AM
That's one reason I didn't buy it. I went with the LE5 manifold instead. Once I boost, I will switch over to this.

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE STOCK"

Sunday, November 08, 2015 12:38 AM
Yeah, unless you got a pressurized flow, that intake will not flow the same to all cylinders. I also doubt that manifold's runners get smaller as they get closer to the head, which would mean less velocity for you.
GM did do there research on the plastic manifold, and it is great for what they put it on.
Monday, December 07, 2015 4:41 PM
Actually we tested the LS1 throttle body option on a N/A setup and it showed a nice 9-12 hp gain a number of years ago.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, December 08, 2015 7:24 AM
9 - 12 to the crank or to the wheels? On a stock motor using only this manifold? No tuning?

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 7:44 AM
02ECOTECIMPORTKILLER wrote:9 - 12 to the crank or to the wheels? On a stock motor using only this manifold? No tuning?

Wheels.

Also it was a cavalier with intake and header/exhaust. We just added the manifold to get the difference. Baseline was with intake and exhaust on the car already.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 8:06 AM
I wish you said tuned, that would give me a better idea. I was tuned with the same mods, but with a stage 1 cam, 62MM TB when I installed my LE5 manifold. Re-tuned netted me 22WHP with just the LE5 manifold. I think the TTR manifold would work very well on a boosted motor. A fully built all motor ecotec may also see the benefit but an under powered motor, not so much. Anyway Aaron, I hope you continue to make and sell this nice piece. In fact I'm gonna go and check out the price lol

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 9:21 AM
You would see much more power gained if you would add a custom tune to the manifold. 9-12 is bolt on and go.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 2:11 PM
Do you have the dyno sheets? I would be interested to see if it was just a peak gain in the high RPMs or a nice broad gain over most of the RPMs. Due to the runner length I would think it would just be a high RPM gain.

Tuesday, December 08, 2015 4:06 PM
It was about 3800 RPM started to increase, all the way up.

So it is a nice mid to high range increase. I will have to look for that dyno pull.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Monday, February 20, 2017 5:28 PM
More manifolds in stock

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Thursday, February 08, 2018 10:28 AM
We have more in stock ready for spring!

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search