DRAG PROJECT IN PANAMA PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!! - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DRAG PROJECT IN PANAMA PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!
Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:08 PM
He there people greatings. My name is Daniel I live in Panama, I am about to revive my drag sunfire proyect and I want your expert enthusiast opinion, and I will really apreciate if you shared some threads with me that can help me with my build. I will start my story with a link in whick you will find the activity the car had. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUgdZzPj_bc9UqhJWoQkRVg .Well the story begins in middle 2015. I have a 99 coupe Sunfire with a 96 LD9 with the isuzu manual transmision. The car was bone stock and I ran on my first pass a misserable 17.5s on the 1/4 mile because I slipped 3rd. The car was an inmediate joke because it was too slow (buy the way till the day it is the only J Body material that has touched this track) and the dude that talks the numbers and times gave him a horrible nickname ¨El Carrito de la Competencia¨ which translates about to the slowest toy at the event. The second pass came on and these time was much better, it was a 16.1, know I was still the joke but at least I entered the the slowest category whick was 16 to 17 sec. The category went on and I got the second place, I was beat by inches by the corrolla you can see on the first video of my first youtube channel. These made me start to improve the car with what I could arround. For the next drag race the first things I replaced were a bit stupid... for starting you know.... I threw in a stage 3 clutch kit and 130 octane gas (not even a KAI)... Almost no improvement from a constant 16.1 to a constant 16.0.... and wrecking of all the stock mounts and suspension, even shocks.... Either way these time I won the 1st place at the category. Was these story is long so I will cut these part here and continue in other post not to bore you to dead.

Re: DRAG PROJECT IN PANAMA PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!
Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:53 PM
Going on with my story I started throwing a lot of things in but kept going backwards. In installed the four prothane mount and the control arm bushings as well.All knew shocks, new springs that lowered 1.8 in on the front and 2 in in the back.New steering. Installed the 2.3 intake manifold that came out of a 95 buick skylark(kept the original throttle body for less idles issues) (not the HO cause my engine is bone stock). I built the 2.4 transmision with the 2.2 3rd and 4th gear. Replaced the flywheel with the one of a 2001 ld9 (the one that looks just like the one from the 2.2 and is about have the weight) with a new stage 3 6 pucks clutch kit. OBX aluminum harmonic balancer with a belt that deletes the a/c (the car still has the complete a/c system) Built a home made CAI that went through the front LH headlamp. increased the tire size from 24in, to 26in then to 25in. HP tuners with a catastrophic tunnig. 4 to 1 header with straight 2.5in pipe. 130 octane fuel. 2.2 coilpack swap with mallory 8mm spark plug wires. Autolite Iridium XP605 spark plugs.Extreme weight reduction (no interior, cut doors with no glass, cutt hood and rear door with not even the tail lamp. with all these , and of course a horrible tunning made by me, the car ran an amazing..... drum rolls..... 16,3..... not even a category anymore. For running on the 15 sec got went back to the original tunnnig... much better a 15.8 on a run with no grip. Second pass after de-shiitting the ecu, smacked a 350z that ran a 15.2 unfortunetllywith a red light.... I was so mad for the red light so it was my last run about in late 2016.
Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:56 PM
Werw is the car
Attachments
IMAG0132.jpg (1101k)

Thursday, October 25, 2018 11:57 PM
Here he is with one of the trophies.
Attachments
IMAG0006.jpg (969k)

Friday, October 26, 2018 12:11 AM
I was recently told that my oposing shop is building a sunfire to take me down. Not goint to happen, so is was thinking on having your opinion on some mods I pretend to to by the next drag race that will be on January 2019. First thing I am going to install a walbro 255lph fuel pump, lt1 v8 fuel inyectors, welding posi the dif, and professional tunnig. Do you think a high 13s or a low 14s will be posible? As an extra card I pretend to install a wet nitrous sytem, how many nitrous could I put on a stock engine? Thanks a lot guys.
Saturday, October 27, 2018 8:33 AM
N/A you are not going to get in the 13's. I ran 14.8 back in the day N?A, factory motor, with bolt ons no tuning. You could tear the motor apart and build it. Cams would be a good thing, header. GM M45 supercharger would add about 40hp. People have done 100 shot on a stock motor. 75 shot would be safer, but need tuning.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 28, 2018 9:02 PM
Thanks a lot, that I expected , how much juice on a stock motor. What time you will think I can get with a 50 shot? Saving the 75 for a special ocation and not to destroy the engine at once.
Monday, November 05, 2018 4:15 AM
probably mid 14's, maybe low 14's.

FU Tuning

Thursday, January 10, 2019 4:20 AM
50 shot is pretty safe on a stock, even worn motor. 75 shot should be fine if your fueling system, and everything else is well maintained.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search