cig lighter wire burnt all the way to fuse box - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cig lighter wire burnt all the way to fuse box
Monday, April 04, 2011 10:08 PM
Hello,
I have a problem with my 02 2.4l cavalier. The other day my cig lighter after i unplugged my car phone charger started to smoke then soon the whole car was almost filled with smoke! I took the dash all off today found out the cig lighter wire burnt all the way back to the inside fuse box and melted the fuse i took it out. I also found out the battery1 40 amp fuse in the fuse box by the battery was burnt out. Replaced both the fuses and tapped every wire that was exsposed or burnt(the wries that got burnt were the ones that plug into the gauge cluster. Got the gauges to work but car won't start. I was thinking off running a wire out of the fuse box back to cig lighter putting fuse back in and seeing if that helps. Right now the car will start for 2-3 seconds thenshut back off does everytime you try to start. Do i need a wiring harness?

Re: cig lighter wire burnt all the way to fuse box
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:14 AM
Do a search for passlock.

Re: cig lighter wire burnt all the way to fuse box
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 5:46 PM
Problem is solved!!! After 2 days of tearing out my whole dash and tapping all the burnt wires i replaced the BCM fuse that was blown and the car started right up.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search