check valve/missing link? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
check valve/missing link?
Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:19 PM
ok iv talked to a couple turbo honda people about it... what exactly is it? i know its somethign to do with the map sensor so it doesnt through a code under boost.
im not running one and im running 13-14psi and no problems.

Re: check valve/missing link?
Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:28 PM
Its a honda thing, its like 4 check valves spider webbed together. It doesn't apply to our cars.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:30 PM
aight cool. just for general knowledge, can u explain why or what its for?

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:36 PM
Shifted wrote:Its a honda thing, its like 4 check valves spider webbed together. It doesn't apply to our cars.

Your saying a check valve is a honda thing? I know people with J's that have, or are running them. Also people with J's who havenot.

FU Tuning

Saturday, March 11, 2006 6:36 PM
Its just a bunch of check valves, made so the MAP sensor doesn't see boost...

Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:20 PM
Quote:

Its just a bunch of check valves, made so the MAP sensor doesn't see boost...

so pretty much bypasses the need to get a 2 bar map sensor? or depending on how much boost u plan on running?

so what exactly happens when the map sensor sees boost? i know it for vaccum, what what exactly happens? im just kinda wondering why hondas need it and jbodys dont?

Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:36 PM
On thier cars, if the map sensor sees over 0psi they get a check engine light and bogging.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:09 AM
As Shifted stated a check valve keeps the map sensor from seeing boost. I know he does not think a J needs one. I also know the first ever street turboed Ecotec needed one. When it saw boost it got a flashing CEL. Once the check valve (actually I think 2 of them) were put it it did not see boost, and did not get the CEL. My turbo car has a check valve as well (it came with it when I bought the car). This topic has been talked about many times on the ORG and many people run them and many peopl do not. I would say if you do not have one and are not having any issues with CEL's I would not worry about it.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search