Fuel pressure and A/f problem - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel pressure and A/f problem
Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:20 PM
Well im not sure if i am having a A/F problem, but i think i have a fuel issue...

I am using a AEM wideband, and while at idle. It sais between 16-18 but it idles just fine. But when im driving my car, the a/f ratios are between 14.2 and 15.5 and under boost, they are between 11.2 and 12. Now i was told that this is normal? Is that correct, for the AEM wideband to be like that at idle?

For the fuel issue, my pressure is jumping between 60-80 while at idle and while driving, untill i hit boost it kinda stays around 80psi at 5psi of boost. But im not sure, if my gauge is working properly or not... And im not sure how to use the Cartech fmu the greatest... Only the way the Hahns kit told me how... So im kinda afraid that my fuel pressure may not be right... cause i was told i should be around 35-40 psi until i go into boost and it should be around 80-90psi? if anyone could help that would be great...

And if anyone has a vaccume line diagram that would be good to, i just want to be sure i have them all right... Im sure i do tho...

Thanks

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!

Re: Fuel pressure and A/f problem
Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:27 PM
If i may ask...do you have an electric sending fuel pressur gauge and if so where do you have the ignition wire tapped into. I need an exact location because mine isnt working right and i think thats the problem.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 7:51 PM
I have an electrical sending Gauge... i have it hooked up to my ignition fuze i beliveso it turns on when i turn on the ignition... My buddy hooked wired it for me, so im not 100% sure.... But I havn't had a problem with it when i wasn't boosted, so thats why im asking what my problem could be... cause my gauge just started doing this, after my install..

Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:39 PM
Yea i also have mine tapped into the IGN MDL fuse in the fuse box on the left side of the dash. Is that where yours is at also? Can you check to see? I have a constant reading of like 59 psi with my stock regulator. Did yours read like that when you had your stock FPR at around that psi? Im going to be installing my turbo soon so ill be in the same boat as you with my AEM UEGo gague and fuel gauge also probaly so ill try to keep in touch with u but as of right now i really cant help ya because i dont have a clue.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:56 PM
At idle, the pressure should NOT be 80 psi. Do you have the vacumme line attached to the right spot? that's way to high, but then again, a 16-17 a/f ratio seems a bit lean for idle, but i may be wrong on that. But i am sure on that psi pressure, it should be around 40 at idle.

Sunday, March 12, 2006 9:22 PM
BlueSplash: my gauge is tapped at the same spot on the fuze box. And i did have a constant reading of 59 PSI stock... I belive most ecos do.

VTLoki: I thought the same thing, when my gauge started doing the bouncing back and forth from 60-80. I belive i have the vac lines connected in the right spot, i followed the instructions. As for the A/F ratios, i thought the same thing... But when im actually driving the car, they bounce from 14.2 to 15.5 and under boost the bounce from 11.2 to 12 those i think are around the correct ratios while driving and under boost... Correct me if im wrong... I was told that those were the correct a/f numbers....

Sunday, March 12, 2006 9:28 PM
Like I mentioned before...The idle AFR doesn't concern me because all your other AFRs are spot on. If you were having issues then I'd be more worried.

I still can't figure out the jumping gauge though. Sorry man.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, March 13, 2006 6:18 AM
I don't understand the jumping gauge either... But im gonna play around with it alittle more, and see if i can't get rid of the jumping gauge, while keeping my A/f ratio's. I just thought it was kinda weird. The car runs great tho, pulls real good...

Monday, March 13, 2006 11:10 AM
Also if anyone using the AEM UEGO wideband. I was just wondering what setting it had to be on? P1,P2,P3 or P4. I just want to make sure i have it right... Thanks!

Monday, March 13, 2006 6:55 PM
My turbo z has a electric fuel pressure gauge. the only time it jumps is when getting low on gas. I always know when to be easy on it when it starts doing that. I have my car idling at about 32psi.

FU Tuning

Monday, March 13, 2006 7:10 PM
I think i figured out my problem... I had to chang all the vac lines around... They way the instructions came from HRC wasn't working. As of right now im idleing at 45 psi which i think is alittle high, but its hitting 85-90 psi under boost like its suppose to... But im gonna mess around with it tomorrow and see if i can get the idle down to around 35psi... But my a/f numbers are in the areas there suppose to be...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search