to rich when shifting - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
to rich when shifting
Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:09 PM
allright ive tried everything i can thank of and asked hypsy if he knows why my car is doing this but for some reason whenever i shift up a gear my car runs extremely rich like 9 or 10 afr. now sometimes you can just shift real slow up a gear and it want to do it. ive adjusted the rate of gain on the fmu and the atmospheric pressure. and no matter what it does it. i have an 04 cavalier with a t3/t4 .63 ar 57 trim. running 7 lbs of boost. externally gated. 42lb injectors and the lt1 accel afpr. hypsy told me that the computer just had to learn it but im beginning to wonder if this is the case or not. just let me know what yall thank.

Re: to rich when shifting
Sunday, March 12, 2006 8:55 PM
are you using a cartech fmu? and what is your base pressure? are you using the restrictor? what is the onset of boost set at on the regulator?

*2012 mazdaspeed3*
Sunday, March 12, 2006 10:26 PM
I was having that same problem. My front O2 Sensor was causing that because it had went bad from running so rich on big injectors. You might not have your base pressure low enough. I'd say get a Fuel Pressure Gauge and go from there.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Sunday, March 12, 2006 10:34 PM
To be a bit more elaborate...

The O2 Sensor was causing it to run rich because it was covered with "crap" and wasn't reading anything, so it was sending a too lean code causing to have the computer throw a ton of fuel into the motor running high 9s - low 10s a/f ratio.

What is your a/f ratio at idle?

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Monday, March 13, 2006 4:46 PM
lets see my a/f idle is like in 14.5 and 15's. and my base fuel pressure is like 28. yes im using the cartech fmu. no im not using the restrictor. and the onset is almost screwed all the way in. but i run about 11.5 to 12.6 when boosting. but for some reason if i dont ever hit 6 grand like if i shift before then it will be fine. like ill shift at 5500 and it want run to rich. its weird.
Monday, March 13, 2006 4:48 PM
im sorry i mean the onset is screwed almost all the way out i believe its set to about 40 psi.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search