2002 Ecotec Hahn Racecraft Turbo Help - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 Ecotec Hahn Racecraft Turbo Help
Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:32 PM
I have finally bought the Stage One Hahn Racecraft Turbo for the 2002 Cavalier. I bought the kit from a friend and im missing some parts. Tomorrow im going to the local automotive store to find what i need.

This is the list -
1 - U bracker for Fuel Pump
2 - Small hose Clamps
1 - Oil Drain Line (High Pressure Silicone Hose)
1 - 3/8 Quick Disconnect for Oil Drain Line
1 - GF483 Fuel Filter
4 - 3/8 - 16 Stainless Steel Flanged Nuts
1 - Exhaust Flange Nut, have the other 2
1 - Brass Tee
3 - Signal hoses
5 - Small Clamps
1 - Large Vacuum Hose (Intake Manifold to B.O.V.)

Couple Questions:
Oil Drain Line - whats the length roughly
For the Signal hoses, brass tee, and large vacuum hose, does anyone know roughly what size hoses these are, and fittings.

Also, if anyone can post pictures of the turbo. here are some things i would like to see.
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel Rail and both connections going to the fuel rail. (says something about the billet adaptor)
Fuel Relay and wires
Oil Feed Line in the Cylinder head

Im trying to get the most knowledge in the install before i take it on with my brother, dad, and friends. I must have red the instructions booklet about 10 - 12 times now, and still reading it. Just trying to get eveything correct and make sure i have all the parts and the hole 9 yards. The more help, the marrier.

Re: 2002 Ecotec Hahn Racecraft Turbo Help
Friday, September 05, 2008 8:45 AM
Since no one has helped you yet i'll try my best! The oil drain line you will have to decide. It goes from the bottom of the 16g turbo you have to the back of the oil pan. Mine is maybe 2 feet maybe. Wow im not sure. Just buy 3 feet and cut w/e you dont need. The vacuum hose- look at your black intake manifold. There is a extra tit sticking out with a cap on it so it doesn't suck in air. Thats the size you need. Or take the bov and just keep putting vaccuum hose on it til it fits. Now the signal hoses? Those are the vaccuum lines that fun to the fmu correct. Those hoses that you buy for the bov should be the same thing. But like i said, take the fmu to the advanced and fit the correct line on it. The brass tee- i've never seeen them anywhere but have not looked. They mite be at any shop. Not sure. Let me know if you need any help. I put my kit on. Steve.
Friday, September 05, 2008 2:26 PM
im actually having problems finding most of the stuff here anway. If you can give me a call 570-236-5550, so i can explain better and faster.
Friday, September 05, 2008 4:26 PM
Humm. i'd rather just go thru it on here. What piece is it. I have the hahn install book to. What are you having trouble with. Everything is fairly easy. I can't think of anything you can't get ahold of. Try napa. What piece can you not find.
Friday, September 05, 2008 5:32 PM
This is the list -
1 - U bracker for Fuel Pump
1 - Oil Drain Line (High Pressure Silicone Hose)
1 - 3/8 Quick Disconnect for Oil Drain Line
1 - Brass Tee

Thats the stuff i need pretty much. My main problem is the first step in the book, the Oil drain Line. I dont knwo for fact if i have the correct fitting to go in the oilpan. but i dont have the connection that goes from the fitting to the hose. thats the main problem. and for the hose i got a transmission hose thing, i hope its good for it. not really sure.

Does anyone know if the brass tee is possibly a 1/4 in and not 3/16 fitting. I know the hoses are 3/16. but noone makes a 3/16 brass tee, only a 1/4
Friday, September 05, 2008 5:54 PM
do you have any pictures of what i was looking for.
Saturday, September 06, 2008 5:46 AM
Let me go to advance today. Napas not open on sat so i might have to wait till monday to go see what i can dig up. i'll try to find where u can get the oil drain line from brass tee and i'll have to get under miine car and see what the u bracker is for the pump.
Saturday, September 06, 2008 6:07 AM
Here are some pics I dug up for you....

Saturday, September 06, 2008 6:28 AM
See. that is different is my Fuel Rail. and thats why i get confused. I think i need a couple more fittings for that as well, but i dnot know how it connects to my f.p.r.

also, the last picture, what is that. im taking it is going to be the oil feed line. I deffenetly dont have that fitting as well. What the f--
Saturday, September 06, 2008 6:33 AM
that u bracket for the fuel pump. Thats something you can get easy at lowes. Well w/e your home improvement shop is. On your fpr. ON the 02 it connects right where the vaccuum line is for that vaccuum fpr. You take the little to bolts out and take that whole piece out and put the hahn one in. You have that rite?
Saturday, September 06, 2008 6:52 AM
a picture would make it so much easier. sorry.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:02 AM
i can do pictures it will just have to wait. Have to go to parents house and get camera and try to find my fmu somewhere.
Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:04 AM
Sorry, I forgot you have an 02 cav with a different fuel set-up. Maybe I can get MattK to post a pic of the 02 Hahn fuel set-up.
The oil feed line set-up is something I made up on my own.
The only piece I had to order is the fitting into the head - Metric Fitting oil adapter

Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:05 AM
okay. i just went out and looked at what you were talkign about. im assuming you take that piece out, with the 2 screws, and put in the one that they give you. So thats one hose ( is it the in or the out ) but then where does the next hose go to?
Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:20 AM
well i see the adapter piece you have used, but i dont even have what you screwed that on to. I just have the fittin on the hose itself. so im going to need that fitting i assume. @!#$

maybe the install wont get done this weekend anyway. haha
Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:33 AM
All those fittings are avalible at any hardware store. They are all brass 1/8npt fittings. The xtra fitting on the end on the "T" is for my oil pressure gauge.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 2:07 PM
they said that the 3/8 hose is to small. so i dont exactly know what to get. i thought that it was roughly the same thing. I dont know. im just trying to get the fitting from the oildrain hose to the fitting in the oil pan, and my dads getting the brass tee for me today. so that should be it.
Saturday, September 06, 2008 6:16 PM
The oil drain set-up is made out of 1/2 inch or -08AN hose. The fitttings are -08AN.

Saturday, September 06, 2008 6:22 PM
this is starting to confuse me. shouldve just bought @!#$en new. but whatever. maybe sometime this week you can stop by and take a look at it?
Saturday, September 06, 2008 8:12 PM
anyone else have a problem tightening the nuts to the turbo manifold. never had this much of a hard time in my life. i need to tighten 2, but i cant get a socket to them.
Sunday, September 07, 2008 12:16 AM
A-Oil Pan Drain Fitting - the 90 degree fitting into oil pan

B-Fuel Pressure Regulator, says it has a billet adapter to it, i need that without a doubt, or tell me how you had it hooked up, because the hoses arent the right size.

C-Oil Feed Line, it goes in the middle hole of the three, missing the fittings that come out of that, that the hose connects to.

D-Oil Drain hose

E-Signal hoses and brass tee.

F-Exhaust Flang and Downpipe ( said you had )

G-Fuel Relay ( said you had )

That what my list consist of now. These are the following that i need to complete the install

A-Oil drain line and fittings
B-Fuel relay and wires
C-F.P.R. - Where do the ins and outs go? Dont have a billet adapter?
D-Oil Feed Line
E-Signal Hoses and brass tee.

Thats all. Cant wait.

Sunday, September 07, 2008 6:41 AM
Ryan Snyder wrote:anyone else have a problem tightening the nuts to the turbo manifold. never had this much of a hard time in my life. i need to tighten 2, but i cant get a socket to them.

If I remember right there is a few nuts that bolt the manifold to head that you can't get a socket on. You just need to use a standard box end wrench and go 1/4 turn at a time.....sux but thats how it is.

The most important piece it seems you are missing is the billet fuel rail adapter. Every thing else you can make or buy.

Sunday, September 07, 2008 8:22 AM
what exactly is the billet fuel rail adapter? because for the 02 i dont understand it. Does it extrend the fuel rain so i can put the in and out hoses in there? or what does it do?
Sunday, September 07, 2008 9:34 AM
I IM'd Matt to see if he could post a pic, thats the best I can do for you. Get ahold of Hahn and see if you can get it directly from them.

Sunday, September 07, 2008 10:05 AM
do you tihnk i can use your F.P. gauge? I have a schrader valve in my car alraedy on the lines coming off the fuel raiil.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search