question about lag - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about lag
Monday, September 22, 2008 7:39 PM
so i finally was able to start the car and it runs fine alittle rough but smooths out so here is my questions .

1. im running a gt32 ( 60 trim with a 63a/r exhaust ) 55 trim compressor wheel . and i expected some lag but when you accellerate just im the parking lot it bogs a little . when the turbo comes in its gone . is this normal . the car is a 2200 auto .

2. i replaced the head with a p/p head with s/s valves from a 2000 it has the egr block off plate on it but i was checking and the car doesnt have a pcv valve either . have you encountered this ? how did it affect the car and did you find it really be needed . i can modify it for a pcv if needed . opinions ?

if you arent spraying your just playing !!!

Re: question about lag
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:30 AM
what are your fuelling mods for the turbo?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:24 AM
aeromotive fpr
walbro 255 fuel pump
240cc inj

this is whats in the reg.

i see no FMU and HPT is "in the future". so you have no tuning to support the turbo
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:54 AM
woooo, not used to people filling those things out....

what ratio FPR though, and is the car seeing any boost, or is this just pre-boost lag you are expiriencing.

Also, any ignition mods other than coils?

What are you tuning with....im guessing just that FPR??

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:26 AM
the fpr is a 1:1 ratio and for ignition just msd coils with msd wires . colder plugs also . as for tuning just the fpr right now . soon it will go the shop for tunning with hp . there is no boost when it is bogging so i guess pre boost lag .
right now its set for 6 psi . until its tuned

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:11 AM
lol, boosted but untuned, and with stock injectors

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:56 AM
I think all of the things mentioned above give you your answer. You need a proper tune, and proper parts to get it done right.

I dont think a 1:1 FPR is going to give you enough gas under boost anyways without other tuning.

What you are complaining about is just turbo lag, you are probably running a turbo that is to large for your needs, hence the excessive lag, but I would really spend some money and get it done right.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:44 AM
1rst there not stock injectors .second yes i am getting it tunned be revetreme here iin tampa . and yes i already know the turbo is a little to big its just i havent turboed a car before and wanted to make sure it wasnt something i was missing . john thanks for your help .

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:53 PM
Yeah thats what I was going to say, the turbo is pretty big for your needs.. My gt30 starts to spool at 3 grand on my 2.4, I could only imagin the lag you have on your 2200.

Like said, get the proper tuning done and see if that gets a little better.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search