fuel pump suggestions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel pump suggestions
Monday, September 22, 2008 11:15 PM
Well I've done a bit of searching and have found a lot on in tank pumps but not much on inline pumps. I'm just wondering what a popular affordable inline pump would be? I know they make noise I don't really car about that, I'm just looking for something to help the stock pump since I'm only going to be running six psi on my saab kit with the low pressure(garrett) turbo. Also were would be a good place to get one for a good price? As of right now I'm leaning towards going wit turbo tech racing and purchasing they're msd pump but right now I'm just open to suggestions

Re: fuel pump suggestions
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:28 AM
The MSD inline booster pump would be good for what you want.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:07 AM
If you use the MSD pump.....it must be mounted below the tank. Of course they dont tell you this until after you burn up a pump and call them. it would also be a good idea to not connect power to it until you have primed the system with the factory pump so that it doesnt run dry for any amount of time.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:38 AM
Sounds good msd pump it'll probably be lol, and as far as emytying the lines of fuel to install the new one do I just pull the pump fuse out and let the car run till it dies? And I noticed on the pic on the turbo tech side it has two fittings one on each side with flared ends, so ill just need to go to autozone and buy a piece of rubber fuel hose to install this also? Or is everything needed supplied with the kit?

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 10:57 AM
it doesnt come with anything. you need either rubber hose(make sure its fuel injection hose) and clamps, or you can take those barbs off the pump and use fittings.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 2:48 PM
Sounds good ill prolly just use hose for now since I need to get the car moving again and research on the fittings later

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:15 PM
i would do it from the start to prevent leaks i took a gamble and thought it would be ok on my swap and had a minor failure

why not just get a better intake pump?????

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:18 PM
I'd get an intank but I'm only gonna be running six psi and don't want fuel cut and I know the racetronix won't get me fuel cut but its a bit outta my price range right now so an inline one will fit in my budget and I can install it in a small amount of time

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:28 AM
cavipower1 wrote:I'd get an intank but I'm only gonna be running six psi and don't want fuel cut and I know the racetronix won't get me fuel cut but its a bit outta my price range right now so an inline one will fit in my budget and I can install it in a small amount of time

Incorrect. What causes the fuel cut out in aftermarket pumps, is not having the hookup for the ventri style pump. Yes the Racetronix one comes with the prevision making it plug and play. On a Walbro pump, all you have to do is purchase a small brass fitting that branches off the main feed line, giving you a small hook up for the ventri pump tube. The walbro kits for the GTP's come with this fitting. I run the walbro 255 hp pump in my car, and don't have fuel cut out at all, and have ran it to less than 1/16 tank with no problems.

But for you plans, the inline would probably be better/easier.

http://jbok.org
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:16 PM
Wow that's good to know, how much does the gtp walbro cost? And yea I think the inline would be a lil easier and better for wat I'm gonna be doing with my car

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 3:49 PM
cavipower1 wrote:Well I've done a bit of searching and have found a lot on in tank pumps but not much on inline pumps. I'm just wondering what a popular affordable inline pump would be? I know they make noise I don't really car about that, I'm just looking for something to help the stock pump since I'm only going to be running six psi on my saab kit with the low pressure(garrett) turbo. Also were would be a good place to get one for a good price? As of right now I'm leaning towards going wit turbo tech racing and purchasing they're msd pump but right now I'm just open to suggestions

stock pump is more that sufficient for what you are trying to achieve...

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:12 PM
cavipower1 wrote:Wow that's good to know, how much does the gtp walbro cost?

Oh sorry if I didn't explain it well. The pump is just universal. It's the GTP Install Kit that you need to get with the pump. It comes with the small brass fitting to allow the ventri pump to still hook up.

clicky

http://jbok.org
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:26 PM
Thanks for the linky man, and kvega u think its good for the saab setup? I thought so but didn't wanna risk it

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:06 PM
cavipower1 wrote:Thanks for the linky man, and kvega u think its good for the saab setup? I thought so but didn't wanna risk it

6 psi is nothing for the oem pump. Your using the 370 cc injectors too?

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:42 PM
Nah I'm using the blue giants they are rated at 410cc but at liek 45 psi so I think they're a bit smaller than 410's

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search