Making your own manifold(s) - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Making your own manifold(s)
Monday, September 22, 2008 3:25 PM
Im doing a turbo setup on my 3400 and cant find good stainless or mild steel tubing bends anywhere with a 3mm or thicker wall. Anyone know of any sites or can point me in the right direction thanks.

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Re: Making your own manifold(s)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:01 AM
well what exactly are you looking for??

Stainless?? what grade?

Regular steel?

What size pipe?

I can probably find what you are looking for.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 11:46 AM
We stock most piping. Let me know what you need.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:48 PM
I'm pretty sure thats what we use. I know our 2" and 1.5" is quite thick.

for example..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:50 PM

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:48 PM
Cody@RDFabs.com wrote:I'm pretty sure thats what we use. I know our 2" and 1.5" is quite thick.

for example..

I want

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:46 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:
Cody@RDFabs.com wrote:I'm pretty sure thats what we use. I know our 2" and 1.5" is quite thick.

for example..

I want

Ha ha.... thats nothing. if you saw our stock room, you'd be like Augustus Gloop in willy wonka and the chocolate factory to chocolate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:47 PM

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:04 PM
What would you charge me for 4 1 7/8 u bends and a LSJ exhaust flange?

Thursday, September 25, 2008 2:58 PM
We're still trying to source someone for the exhaust flanges. I've found one place to cut me just one while he does one for himself in t-304.

We only deal in .5" increments. 1", 1.5" 2", 2.5", etc...

We'll be coming out with a 2" long tube header for the blower guys come spring time.

Friday, September 26, 2008 9:14 PM
NICE!

3400 SWAP DONE. 187WHP 212TQ (14.2 @100MPH NA) 240WHP 310TQ (N2O)

Monday, September 29, 2008 6:33 PM
what do you have for 3800 engine i would like some nice heads with a 3 down pipe hole

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, September 29, 2008 8:51 PM
Cody: would you need my car there to make me a tubular manifold for a GT35R and external gate?

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Monday, September 29, 2008 9:17 PM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:Cody: would you need my car there to make me a tubular manifold for a GT35R and external gate?

Until we get more familiar with clearance behind the eco motor and fire wall I would say yes. Mocking it up it not an issue since my eco motor is just chilling on my motor stand there doing nothing right now and We have a GT35R in chris's 2200 at the shop which will be coming off this winter when we finish up the head work. But I just don't have the clearance specs between the fire wall, and how close it will be coming to the drive shafts when its all made up.

When I get my car out to the shop for the final install, We'll start to have more for the eco line than we currently do.

Monday, September 29, 2008 10:39 PM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:Cody: would you need my car there to make me a tubular manifold for a GT35R and external gate?

We currently offer a tubular ecotec manifold that supports most turbos. I do not suggest anything using a T4 flange, it gets to be to large for the limited space given.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:19 PM
Try butt weld fittings, that's what most turbo manifolds are made of. You can order them from www.mcmaster.com. They are very thick (sch. 40), go for either 304 stainless or 321 stainless if you can afford it. It will be much cheaper than buying pipe elsewhere.

http://www.mcmaster.com/param/dsc/dsc.aspx?dscIds=34167&term=Stainless%2bSteel%2bButt-Weld%2bPipe%2bFittings
Have a look, that's what I suggest. I'm doing my 4th year design project for mechanical engineering on manifold design, and this is the stuff that most people will use when making. I would say schedule 40, but you can get away with schedule 10, make sure you do the research and planning before you start welding pipes though

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 2:20 PM
Oopsie, that link doesnt work. Just go to:
http://www.mcmaster.com

and search for stainless steel butt weld fittings

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Friday, October 03, 2008 5:51 PM
if you need flanges or gaskets, check jbp. theyve gone down in price recently.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search