BROKEN??? BLOW OFF VALVE GM SUPERCHARGER - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BROKEN??? BLOW OFF VALVE GM SUPERCHARGER
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:16 AM
Has any one heard of the blow off vale on the GM supercharger for 2000-02 2.4L breaking or not opening properly. When my engine starts to boots it starts shaking badly throwing the knock sensor and i get no acceleration. It started after a dad wheel hop burnout and im not sure it the valve inside could have been throw off. It also starts "falling on its face" at different boosts depending on the weather and RPM.. righer rpm can get a little more boost the low RMP torque boost. Also does anyone know where i could get a new valve or how to rebuild one??? Any other questions please ask me. The car also runs fin otherwise. i have been driving it this way for over a month and just can lay into it anymore

Re: BROKEN??? BLOW OFF VALVE GM SUPERCHARGER
Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:23 AM
The correct terminology would be bypass valve. There have been cases of it breaking where the rivets attach it. I don't think you can rebuild it but I know it can be bought through GM. To avoid the hassle of a part guy without a clue you would be wise to find the part number on here beforehand, but check I will bet if anything it just broke where it mounts

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:43 PM
Hood release cable to the arm for teh bypas valve FTMFW.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:33 PM
mitdr774 wrote:Hood release cable to the arm for teh bypas valve FTMFW.
lmao

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:26 PM
That was my solution when I had to get my blower repaired after breaking it in an accident. Lots of pieces welded back together and teh bypass actuator was smashed. I found some random hood cable at the Nissan dealer I was at and made it work. I had 7.5 PSI or 0.5 PSI, those were my only two options (I could open or close it on the fly but that was not a very safe thing to do).

Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:47 PM
Haha, I love Clyde.

I used tiny self-tapping screws to rig the @!#$ back on when the plastic welded junk broke, just had to make sure they were small enough not to interfere!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search