03 fuel rail on 02 - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 fuel rail on 02
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 7:57 PM
Ok guys help me out here i need to run the 03 rail so i can use the adjustable regulator i have to turn down the fuel pressure at idle and before boost, i did some research and found that you need spacers from gm is there another way to do this, i have ford red top injectors

Re: 03 fuel rail on 02
Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:10 AM
Turn the 02 rail into a modified one and get the FPR that can be mounted on the fire wall and just adapt some braided ss lines to go from the rail to that. In order to run the bigger cobalt injectors correctly without the spacers, you should just keep that rail and goes the route I am with modding an 02 rail's lines.

Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:46 AM
thats a good idea expect i have the accel afpr and i already have the 03 rail so if there a way i can just put any space on there or is there a certain spacer you need, i remember trying to put the 03 rail on before and the injectors were short the head

Friday, October 03, 2008 12:52 PM
yea they are too short with the 03+ fuel rail. I just got my 02 in the mail and I was looking at and I think its going to require more work than just getting a second set of spacers and cutting them down to bump out the one set that already come on the 03 heads.

I'll figure something out eventually. The damn FPR in the 02 rail is sunken inside the damn rail which threw my original idea out the window.

Friday, October 03, 2008 9:28 PM
yea i just ordered the spacers from gm for 30 bucks so hopefully it all will work out, the 03 rail looks alot cleaner any way

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search