Eaton 45 Supercharger Maintenance Questions - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eaton 45 Supercharger Maintenance Questions
Wednesday, October 01, 2008 11:20 PM
how long after till you have the supercharger on your vehicle o you need to do any maintenance on it? like do you need to change the oil in it? ive been told you dont have to with root style superchargers...also...how long(miles) till you need to change the belt after you get the kit first installed? thanks for all the help!

Re: Eaton 45 Supercharger Maintenance Questions
Thursday, October 02, 2008 12:35 AM
No maintenance required at all. I did however have mine on for about 20k and i ported it out and changed the oil just because to take it apart you had to drain the old oil. The belt never needs replaced unless you see cracks in it over time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 02, 2008 12:36 AM

Thursday, October 02, 2008 1:54 AM
Correct.^

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, October 02, 2008 8:27 AM
so even with that belt the way it is, like why arent people going through belts faster being supercharged? do the snouts on the eaton 45 usually stay aligned internally so you dont start ripping through belts? i plan on rebuilding the supercharger, porting it out, going down to the 2.6 pulley, methynol inject..but ill do all that at ones with a retune later on...thanks for the response on the questions.
Thursday, October 02, 2008 8:56 AM
SuperCharged01 wrote:so even with that belt the way it is, like why arent people going through belts faster being supercharged? do the snouts on the eaton 45 usually stay aligned internally so you dont start ripping through belts?

lol what are you talking about

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, October 02, 2008 11:24 AM
buy the kit brand new, port it out from the get go, put the 2.5 pulley on it, meth injection, 59mm tb, hpt tune and you will be having alittle fun. Of course the real fun is the rebuild but don't build it if it's not knocking i always say

Thursday, October 02, 2008 11:46 AM
SuperCharged01 wrote:so even with that belt the way it is, like why arent people going through belts faster being supercharged? do the snouts on the eaton 45 usually stay aligned internally so you dont start ripping through belts? i plan on rebuilding the supercharger, porting it out, going down to the 2.6 pulley, methynol inject..but ill do all that at ones with a retune later on...thanks for the response on the questions.

it is not going to wear the belt any faster just because it is supercharger. Adding the supercharger will have no effect on how long your serpentine belt last.

Are you planning on buying a new or used charger?

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, October 02, 2008 12:27 PM

I have had my supercharger on for the past 20,000 miles...i bought it brand new and put it on at 83,000 miles and retuned along with new water pump, clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder..my car is at right below 100,000 miles right now..the reason why i asked about the snout alignment is due to mustang cobras superchargers snouts start getting out of line and the pully will start moving on the hub ripping apart belts...i didnt know if the m45 is known for doing that or not.
Thursday, October 02, 2008 12:52 PM
Ah. I've never heard of that ever happing with the MP45.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Thursday, October 02, 2008 12:59 PM
SuperCharged01 wrote:I have had my supercharger on for the past 20,000 miles...i bought it brand new and put it on at 83,000 miles and retuned along with new water pump, clutch, flywheel, and slave cylinder..my car is at right below 100,000 miles right now..the reason why i asked about the snout alignment is due to mustang cobras superchargers snouts start getting out of line and the pully will start moving on the hub ripping apart belts...i didnt know if the m45 is known for doing that or not.

The MP45 is not known for that.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, October 02, 2008 1:14 PM
alright...thanks jarvis...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search