Eco turbo swap? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eco turbo swap?
Sunday, October 05, 2008 6:58 PM
Hello. I was jsut wondering if it was possible to swap in a 2.0 ecotec turbo (like the new cobalt ss's motor) into let's say a 2002 eco sunfire? I was thinking on supercharging it but gm's price is a bit steep for only 60 horsepower. And I'm talking about the whole brand new engine+turbo.

What do you guys think it would cost?
Is it practical?
Does GM have a reflash for the turboeco like they did the sc?

Re: Eco turbo swap?
Sunday, October 05, 2008 7:04 PM
not without a lot of money

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Monday, October 06, 2008 1:06 PM
Why not just turbo the 2002 Eco? It'd probably be cheaper than swapping the 2.0 in.

2003 White Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
Monday, October 06, 2008 4:35 PM
I just wanted to see if it would be a better overall choice then to supercharge a motor with 126k on it. I would turbo my current motor but i'm a little afraid on the maintenance part.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 1:03 AM
Shane Reid wrote:I just wanted to see if it would be a better overall choice then to supercharge a motor with 126k on it. I would turbo my current motor but i'm a little afraid on the maintenance part.

what you're thinking of doing is beyond the scope of your ability.

grab a 2.2 out of a yard for a couple hundred bucks, rebuild it for boost then go from there. nice, safe, and relatively cheap.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 4:07 AM
The most practial route (and i use the term loosely) to swapping the 2.0 t/c to a cav would be to swap EVERYTHING - electronics, tranny, axels, engine, sensors, PCM, guages, ect. ect.
In fact, this is highly impractical, because you could probably just buy the cobalt t/c and have a better chassis.
As said above, its much more effective to turbocharge the 2.2 eco. If you care about cost effectiveness, search the "saab kit".

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search