Wet Nitrous on a Supercharger? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wet Nitrous on a Supercharger?
Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:59 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=39&i=17174&t=17174

I didnt want to double post... but just want your thoughts as this is a boosted and nitrous question...

Re: Wet Nitrous on a Supercharger?
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 7:59 AM
all I have to say is........your crazy.

twin charged with spray??

I think you have a power adder addiction. Remember, admitting it IS the first step........

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:39 AM
There's going to be a physical intercooler between turbo and supercharger right? You're spraying methanol into the supercharger. Your cooling should be fine.. Just direct port it...

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:04 PM
John Benham wrote:all I have to say is........your crazy.

twin charged with spray??

I think you have a power adder addiction. Remember, admitting it IS the first step........

My name is ken, and i have a problem... lol

No, I just like to try new things, i have never had a car that i could do this stuff to (or afford to do it to) The N2O is really more for cooling than power.

Ion,
Yes there is a cheapo ebay type intercooler after the turbo. And i have meth that i CAN shoot into the SC... but thought that a small shot of N2O would do better than the meth.
I dunno. just tinkering i guess.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:10 PM
Quote:

The N2O is really more for cooling than power.

That's how i started too.. then the addiction took over.....

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:00 AM
anyone ever hear that when spraying nitrous through a supercharger it doubles the shot? i somehow dont believe this but ive heard it from numerous people recently....

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:33 AM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:anyone ever hear that when spraying nitrous through a supercharger it doubles the shot? i somehow dont believe this but ive heard it from numerous people recently....

Yes, and no... Supposedly nitrous has a much more powerful effect with forced injection in general. Mostly due to the supercooling effect which counteracts the heat of boost. Heat is one of the biggest enemies of boost. So the colder you can keep the boosted air, the more power you get out of it. So by shooting ice cold Nitrous oxide, and gasoline (which evaporates similar to methanol sucking heat up in the evap process) you are adding much more than just fueling and oxygen, but you are also making your super/turbocharger run that much more efficiently. And with turbo, use of nitrous helps to create higer exhaust pressures and temps, which gets your turbo spooled up faster, on top of the power and cooling effects.

It isnt like a 100shot is going to give you 200hp with a supercharger.. but you will likely see way more than a 100hp increase with nitrous and other power adders (turbo/blower) just due to the multi-pursose effects which are rather trivial on a N/A engine (they dont need to spool, and unless running in 130* dessert air dont have intake temp issues)

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:37 AM
sweet. im boosted and bottle fed. this should be fun at the track on sunday!!!!!!!!!!

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:42 AM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:sweet. im boosted and bottle fed. this should be fun at the track on sunday!!!!!!!!!!

So you are running a GMPP MP45 SC? and what kinda N2O? Dry or Wet? and how/where are you injecting it? what size shot you running?

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:21 AM
mp45 2.6" pulley meth injected through tb spacer zex wet kit 55 shot injected through intake pipe 62mm tb 378cc injectors

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 11:28 AM
Cool, so you are spraying a wet 55shot right into the SC itself...

how long you been running it that way? You can be my guinea pig!

If you read my other thread, it seems like some people feel that spraying fuel into a supercharger can have bad effects.

I dont think it would do anything much, at least not as little as i would be spraying. So i may try this same setup here soon. As long as you dont blow your SC up... then i will do something else.

Saturday, October 18, 2008 7:32 AM
i dont really spray it often, just every once in a while. my engine will blow up, its enevitable. its got 168k miles on it and its got a lifter tick. im taking it to the track tomorrow to see what kind of time i can get outta it before i rebuild the motor this winter.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search