charger on the way - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
charger on the way
Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:02 PM
I just purchased the GMPP Supercharger and should be to my appartment in a week or so! I plan on taking it to a GMPP liscensed installer, which theres one about 35 minutes away from where I live!! Now for the questions....

1. Right now with my automatic w/ intake and cat-back I can get like no wheelspin even if any. With the charger will I have wheelspin whenever i floor it under 10 mph? Or atleast some from a dead stop?

2. Has anyone else bought the kit and took it to the dealership for the install? How much did they charge? Did they do a good job?

3. Do you guys recommend investing in a smaller pulley?

Thank you for all the help!!!

2005 LS Auto (Blue)
-M62 Kit with 3.1"
-ZZP S3 H/E setup
-Pacesetter armor coated header
-Magnaflow 22" resonator (p/n 10436)
-Vibrant CatBack
-TTR Upper and Lower motor mounts

Re: charger on the way
Sunday, October 19, 2008 9:59 PM
First of all, wheel-spin= loss of power and/or time(if racing for 1/4 mile etc.) so I'd try and stay away from that but you might get some from a stop I suppose. As far as how much a shop charges to install the charger plus you'll need to do the Re-Flash (unless you tune with other methods) I'd say it'd be a few hours total with the install and re-flash at the current labor rate. Last time I stuck my head in a GM dealership the per hour rate was 79.95 I think and that was a few years ago. I hope that helped a bit. Have fun.

Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:51 PM
1 depends on tires and the surface ... you'll probably get wheelspin above 4000 when the torque kicks in unless you're launching the car
2 nope. do you have all the parts, ie the whole kit? no idea what the book time is on this, but you'll need the reflash anyway..be sure to get that done while its there
3 yeah, stock is 2.8. going smaller to the 2.7 or 2.6 is a good idea, you'll just end up doing it later anyway..do it now before you install it. some people recommend going with alky with the 2.6 or smaller

14.82 @ 97 mph
Monday, October 20, 2008 12:30 AM
1. you will have wheelspin but thats only if you mash it to the floor full throttle, but on the other hand if you have good soft tire compound and a wider tire you should be ok.
2. I installed my own kit so i don't know off hand what the dealer will charge but im guessing 5+ hours of labor at whatever their shop rate is at, and then the relflash cost.
3. 3.0 is the smallest pulley i would go with, there has been numerous guys including myself that have been running that with the GM reflash, now if you build your motor and find another tuning source you could run the 2.8 pulley like Airtonics and run 12's

By the way Jason Z24 2.8 isn't stock by no means, if im remember right its 3.3 or 3.4 on the Eco Blower

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search